Dish 2rd Quarter 10-Q

nelson61

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
Where it's Warm
Dish SEC 10-Q for the Second Quarter (sec.gov file)

This is great reading but presents a rather dismal outlook for their satellite TV business which is continuing to bleed customers at a high rate.
Meanwhile, they are throwing billions of dollars into the wireless business.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Thanks for posting this. I am always interested in reading the part of the satellite leases - and they have renewed their rental agreement at 129 for another year and 118 for 2 years with an option of a 3rd.

Thanks for posting this. I am always interested in reading the part of the satellite leases - and they have renewed their rental agreement at 129 for another year and 118 for 2 years with an option of a 3rd.
Interesting. I wonder what was the reason for Dish's big push to take down a bunch of International channels, and move those subscribers to streaming instead?

If Dish is phasing out the use of the 118 satellite for International channels, then what other possible use could Dish have for that location? I suppose it could have simply been a case where subscribers to these particular packages were the ones most likely to be using old legacy (pre-ViP) SD-only receivers. So, Dish seized an opportunity to force these subscribers to upgrade their receivers (or cancel their Dish service if they don't have a broadband internet connection) in order to eliminate those legacy receivers, to help with transitioning Western Arc to all MPEG-4 broadcasts.

Dish SEC 10-Q for the Second Quarter (sec.gov file)

This is great reading but presents a rather dismal outlook for their satellite TV business which is continuing to bleed customers at a high rate.
Meanwhile, they are throwing billions of dollars into the wireless business.
Sound like they are losing some of the Wireless subs too, in this report.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)