dish 300 for 72.7

rayito1835

Original poster
Mar 5, 2009
pennsylvania
where i live there is not line of sight for 119 or 110 so,
they going to isntall a vip211 and a 1000.4 dish pointed to
61.5 72.7 and 77 sat ,but where i live yard is to small and my landlord does not want the dish to be installed on the roof.
so i want to install a small dish on the litle yard ,the channels i want are not hd ,and i see all the channels i want
they come from sat 72.7. there is any way i can use a 300 dish
so i can get channels only from 72.7 sat?:confused:

i would be curious to know...
but dish likes to move channels around a lot. might be better to install 72 and 77 on separate dishes and run them to a switch.

Yeah if your going to put a dish in your yard, you won't notice that much difference in a 1000.4 as compared to a 300.

another solution (non HD of course) is to use a 500 dish with a DPP Twin to hit 72.7 and 77, I would have to do some math for the scew settings and the elevation would be about 49 or so...

another solution (non HD of course) is to use a 500 dish with a DPP Twin to hit 72.7 and 77, I would have to do some math for the scew settings and the elevation would be about 49 or so...
i would like to know if anyone has tried that...i just assumed it wouldnt work because those sats are a different distance apart than 110 and 119...so i would assume you couldnt get them both with a twin...but i havent tried yet.

I wonder if anybody has tried using the pointy lnb that was smaller used on the plastic/fiberglass SuperDish as the 110 lnb? There was only 5 degrees of seperation between 105 and 110 in which is the reason why they had to use that smaller lnb.

I wonder if anybody has tried using the pointy lnb that was smaller used on the plastic/fiberglass SuperDish as the 110 lnb? There was only 5 degrees of seperation between 105 and 110 in which is the reason why they had to use that smaller lnb.

Wasn't 105° FSS band?

Dish Upgrade

Mark Jackson Didnt Get A Degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)