Dish 301 keeps downloading guide with new software

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I noticed my 301 downloaded version 2.07 recently and now the guide is really frustrating me

I was gone for a couple days...came home and receiver is off

Turned it on and hit guide, only to have it download guide...weird but no biggie...this was 11AM Central

Left and came back around 2:30...hit guide and AGAIN the thing downloaded the guide...did a hard reset (hold the power button down...) and let it refresh. It downloaded the guide again (no biggie..when you do that it will redownload)

So I checked my signals to see if they were low (it was windy yesterday)...nope
119 TP 11-112
119 TP 12-101
110 TP 11-101
110 TP 12-99
I don't remember the 148 readings....exited ouot and, yep, downloaded guide

what the hell happened to my receiver when they loaded 2.07 into it? Anyone else having this issue?

After checking my signals, all I got was the "quick" acquiring signal screen. Then it resumed to what I was watching. BTW I also got the P207 version.

Iceberg said:
Anyone else having this issue?

Oh yeah, I don't even have to turn mine off - just hit guide and it down loads - what ever happened to updating in the background... Once or twice it said something about "this feature is not currently available" and the guide came up blank. Had to unplug it and reset and then it was ok.

Have 3 301's only one is having the problem - but it's in the room where tv is most often watched.

It didnt do it last night...the only thing I can think of (and reading about) is the MLB EI channels move around abiout that time, so it was updating

I work for a retailer and we have been having a lot of issues with the 301's lately...most common prob is that some of them will begin pixilating and then on it's own i does a reboot (rec turns off then back on again). Also seen one do some pretty funky pixilating were there was a lot of movement on screen. E* just needs to hire better engineers...instead of hiring the lowest bidder.

Going to die soon? Now, randomly when exiting the guide, the picture doesn't return to full size, just stays at quarter screen. Guide is some times scrambled - appears as randomly moving lines across part of screen where programs are listed - picture in upper right is fine...

Hitting Menu or System Info button and cancel fixes it. Very strange since it doesn't happen all the time.

Oh well, was planning HD upgrade in a few months - maybe can switch to Direct and save some bucks on equipment, pick up NFL package too.

I got the 2.07 download a couple of weeks ago. I have the same problem with the guide. If you go to the sys info screen and run a check...when you come back, the receiver downloads the guide again. As far as pixelation...I have that problem as well. A re-boot usually does the tricks. I am still waiting for my yellow cards to get here. Dish told me that they were ordered when I added the VOOM 10 package.

Mark

I laready have the yellow cards and don't have the pixelation issue. The guide hasn't duplicated the issue since that day (even when I do a check switch)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)