Dish 322 and 3900 w/ dpp lnb problems

fatboydave1234

Original poster
May 1, 2007
i have a 322 and 3900 with dish pro plus dual lnb. on the 3900 i get error message searching for satellite. i get my locals and 107 and 108 but no other channels. everything is fine on the 322. just problem with the 3900. checked connectors. changed cable from wall to receiver and checked connections on lnb.

run check switch and get message to check connections and / or receiving less satellites that prior check? reset receiver and get no luck.

any suggestions?

Sounds like you 3900 has issues or you have a bad connection someplace.

Try switching the leads from the 3900 to the 322 see if the problem follows the receiver. If it acts up on the other lead then it's the receiver, if the problem stays in the same room then there is either a line problem or possible bad DPP.

I'm not sure if your system has been set up for awhile or is this a recent intstall/dish move?? I do know that if you are using a dish pro receiver and a legacy receiver with the DPP twin, the DP receiver needs to be connected to port one of the lnb, with the 3900 in the second. The check switch should come back as a 64 switch on the legacy.

If it's been installed for a while and only recently quit working, the Nye is right, it's either the lnb or the receiver, most likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts