Dish 322 install

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
I am new to the Dish Network installation crew, I personally have a Vip722 at home and have a Dish install with a Dish 322 receiver coming up this next week. Is the home distribution port next to the dual tuner ports on a 722 the same as the out channels 21-69 on the Dish 322 receiver? Are they to be tied in with the dual tuner splitter?

Yep it is. There is no splitter involved. There is only a separator which "splits" (AKA separates) the DPP signal for the Sat1 and Sat2 tuners, and a diplexer which "splits" and "combines" the sat signals and the TV2 out.

Though there are now triplexers, which combine the diplexer and the separator, works the same way. Will still need a diplexer on the other end closer to the dish.

Hope this helps.

I am new to the Dish Network installation crew, I personally have a Vip722 at home and have a Dish install with a Dish 322 receiver coming up this next week. Is the home distribution port next to the dual tuner ports on a 722 the same as the out channels 21-69 on the Dish 322 receiver? Are they to be tied in with the dual tuner splitter?
They are similar but not the same 722 outputs both TV1 & TV2 the 322 only outputs TV2 on ch 21-69.

Yep. Though the 722 doesn't output TV1 by default.

By the way, you may send the pic to me via PM, just click my name in this post and click "Private Message." If you need somewhere to host the pic, http://tinypic.com is a good simple place to host.

Last edited:
The first splitter-looking thing is a separator. It is required for all dual-tuner receivers that have DPP dishes and a single line run. The red splitter-looking thing is a diplexer. It is required to combine the satellite signals with the output for TV 2 on the same line. It requires a diplexer to be on the other end of the single line to combine/separate the satellite signals which are coming in and the UHF signal going out to the second TV.

Wiring a 322 will be pretty much just like that, with home distribution and 21-69 being pretty much the same connection.

However you may have to deal with a triplexer, which is pretty much exactly like your setup except instead of 2 "splitters" they will be on 1.

home distribution/21-69 goes to the UHF connector, sat 1 to sat 1, sat 2 to sat 2.

Hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)