Dish 322 Press Select To Continue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rvalip

Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
Just got Dish this month. I have a question about the 322 receiver in relation to the "press select to continue" screen. It is hooked to 2 tvs. Tv1 is coaxial connection with the receiver and displays on channel 3. Tv2 is coaxial air channel 60. Tv2 ALWAYS has the "press select to continue" dish logo floating on it each time I power on the tv. However, TV1 that is on channel 3, only appears to have this logo on it randomly when powered on, usually when I power on my tv first thing in the morning or sometimes later in the day. Other times when I power on my tv I have snow instead of the Dish Network Press Select floating screen, even though my tv is tuned to channel 3 which is correct...I can press select and the satellite picture comes right up. Sometimes when I press the blank red power button on tv1 the "press select screen" displays, yet other times it's snow. The users guide I was reading through says you shouldn't even see the screen at all if your output is channel 3 or 4, that it's mainly for s video or input channels, then why am I seeing it sporadically? I'd feel more comfortable if it was always snow or always the dish press select screen (my preference would be the press select screen). I turn off the receiver each night so it can get the updates and it's hooked to a cable line. Has anyone heard of this? Tech support hasn't been much help when I called them.

when you turn off the tv2 side... you will always get the floating dish logo.
when you turn off the tv1 side, you will get snow, unless the receiver has turned itself off, in which case you will get the floating dish logo. so if you never turn the tv1 side off, and let it turn itself off, you SHOULD always see the logo

I'm totally new to this, but here goes.

How do I get the "press select to continue" to stop. I recorded some stuff while out of town, and got 6 hours of that floating screen saver. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

I have gone to the Dish web site, and found nothing.

Is there a way to have this device just display the picture always? It happens on both the 322 and the 301.
tom

If you set timers using the 322, that means the 322's own internal timers (VCR timers or Auto-tune timers) using the guide or manually create a timer, the box will tune to that channel and video and audio will output. However, I have found that if you want to use the "VCR timers", you should set-up the VCR code to one that will not interfere with any of your equipment. I use an RCA code, as I do not have any RCA products. If you don't do this one-time step, the timers will often fail to fire.

I guess I was not clear in my description. I set up the VCR to record at the proper time, and it did so. I set the box to 'vcr record' at the same time. I did not depend on the box to fire off the VCR, but DID want it to tune to channel XX at 0:00, and display the video and sound from that channel. It displayed the 'press select to continue' floating banner for 6 hours, on 3 different days instead of the video/sound. The recorder recorded that.
How do I get the floating banner to go away when I have a timer set to record? So far, I have been able to record in the evening without the banner showing up, but I think if I wanted to record further into the future, I would again get the banner.
Does this make any sense to you?
tom

Garys said: " Check the receiver standby settings for each tv." I cannot find any standby settings for the Dish box. The TVs are either off or on. They have no standby settings. Where can I 'instruct' the Dish components to show the picture all the time? Or is this an "energy star" 'feature'?
tom

Press select to cpontinue meand the receiver is in stand by more.. i hate that feature.. but then again some cuastomers leave their receivers on all the time and get all these errors.. like the famous black screen with banner, caused by dish's auth hits to combat piracy.

Just got Dish this month. I have a question about the 322 receiver in relation to the "press select to continue" screen. It is hooked to 2 tvs. Tv1 is coaxial connection with the receiver and displays on channel 3. Tv2 is coaxial air channel 60. Tv2 ALWAYS has the "press select to continue" dish logo floating on it each time I power on the tv. However, TV1 that is on channel 3, only appears to have this logo on it randomly when powered on, usually when I power on my tv first thing in the morning or sometimes later in the day. Other times when I power on my tv I have snow instead of the Dish Network Press Select floating screen, even though my tv is tuned to channel 3 which is correct...I can press select and the satellite picture comes right up. Sometimes when I press the blank red power button on tv1 the "press select screen" displays, yet other times it's snow. The users guide I was reading through says you shouldn't even see the screen at all if your output is channel 3 or 4, that it's mainly for s video or input channels, then why am I seeing it sporadically? I'd feel more comfortable if it was always snow or always the dish press select screen (my preference would be the press select screen). I turn off the receiver each night so it can get the updates and it's hooked to a cable line. Has anyone heard of this? Tech support hasn't been much help when I called them.
I have a very simple solution to your problem...Upgrade to a DVR.
VCR's are passe'...

You may use the VCR timers of the 322 to have the box automatically tune to a desired channel/program, then automatically return to stand-by at the end of that timer. I highly recommend using the VCR timers because those timers will help you prevent and overlaps. I learned that lesson the hardway. HOWEVER, you MUST enter the VCR code as if it were to blast IR for a VCR or it will fail to fire, but use a code that will not access any of your other equipment. I mentioned this in an earlier post. If you don't set-up the VCR code for the 322, the timers will rarely fire. As some one who has used the VCR timers to record directly to DVD, I have had virtually no failures out of over 500 timer fires (I was recording tons of shows EVERYDAY for my brother) since I set-up VCR timers with a manufacturer code. I have been where you are, and my 322 timers work as they should aften entering a VCR code from set-up. I learned all this the hard way, and now I have confidence that my 322 timers fire.

Mr Berg, 6-1-2 is System Setup->Installation->CallerID. I cannot find anything on standby or power saving or screensaver. I had the VCR connected to the audio/video outputs, and recording on tv-2. Maybe that is not a good idea, but nowhere in the 'manual' does it explain to any real effect what will be output where if and when you want to record programming. That 'is what it is', but Dish is so unapproachable from a end-user point of view, IMO.
tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)