goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Enjoy!:)

11/17/2005: 1810 Software Version L2.60 for ViP 211/DISH 411

Effective Friday, November 18th, Engineering plans to spool the FULL PHASE of software version L2.60 for the ViP 211/DISH 411 receiver. This is primarily a non-forced maintenance release available at ALL satellite locations.

At this time L2.60 will be the valid software version for the ViP 211/DISH 411.

ya know, I just found a funny fluke:

Dish 211 Satellite Receiver

Perfect Companion product for Mitsubishi IEEE 1394 HDTV's to view High Definition and Standard Definition Dishnetwork programming. This paticular receiver looks just like a standard 301 receiver, except it has (2) 1394 outputs to support a mitsubishi television. There are no other outputs on this receiver such as RCA or Component video. Lowcost HDTV solution, I have no idea on a release date.

http://www.dishretailer.com/ts2003/

Really really wish something like that existed!

Oh yeah, check out the interactive menus! That stuff is awesome (the way they made it anyway)

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/menus/411/mainmenu.shtml

FWIW, when you change the link posted:

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/322.shtml

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/942.shtml

etc etc etc...

Click the "Interactive Menus" link on the left hand menu on said pages to get to the goods, it opens in a frame but you can jack the URL of that usually. [Safari users, right click the area where the frame is and click open frame in new window :D] -- much more fun to play with then I guess...

What in the world are you talking about? That information wasn't there early this afternoon in the Tech Portal. That release was posted late afternoon today, I know because I check that site several times a day.

From a Retailer's Facts Blast just received today:

The 211/411 receivers will have the same user interface as the 942, they will be sold under the same promotions as the 811 receiver. They will include the cable for SD viewing (RCA cabling - yellow red white wires) but not for HD viewing (YPrPb). You must purchase the HD cabling (YPrPb) seperate (they should not cost very much - maybe around $5-10 to the consumer unless retailer includes them free of charge). The 411 will include an RG-59 cable (does not mean that there is an RG-59 connection in the back of it).

Subscriber accounts will be able to be activated through one of the recievers given that all of them are connected to a phoneline. The 311's will be first in the software rollout to support this. Planned launch is in December. This application launches automatically but can be cancelled out. I am not sure if this is just for those wanting to setup an account for the first time or to get the service turned back on if it has been previously deactivated.

Free HBO and Showtime Dec. 2-5. Get $50 back through Jan. 31 for existing subscribers when you order. Go to www.dishnetwork.com/hboshow50 for details.

Dish500/1000/SuperDish upgrade with one year term agreement goes from $50 to $59.95 as of Dec. 1st. Dish500/1000 Dish Mover one year term agreement Plan C goes from $50 to $0 while the SuperDish Dish Mover one year term agreement Plan C goes from $100 to $59.95

Stargazer said:
From a Retailer's Facts Blast just received today:
Dish500/1000/SuperDish upgrade with one year term agreement goes from $50 to $59.95 as of Dec. 1st. ...
So, if I wanted a Dish 1000 (for the 129 content), and I have 4 individual receivers, is it still $50 with a one year committment, for now? Or is it extra for the switch? Or, could they install a Dish 1000 along side my Dish 500, just to feed the two HD receivers?

John Kotches said:
Does the 942 include OTA info in the Programming Guide?

Cheers,
Yes, but PG data is provided by E*. As it currently stands, you are required to subscribe to your local package in order to receive PG data for the OTA digital channels. Many are not happy since the guide data is freely available in the PSIP datastream contained in the OTA broadcast. Also, if you're looking for PG data for analog locals I'm not sure since I have no desire to enable analog OTA on my 942.

mdonnelly said:
So, if I wanted a Dish 1000 (for the 129 content), and I have 4 individual receivers, is it still $50 with a one year committment, for now? Or is it extra for the switch? Or, could they install a Dish 1000 along side my Dish 500, just to feed the two HD receivers?

If a independent retailer does a D500 upgrade and you have 4 receivers they will receive a switch reimbursement, The same would go for a D1000. They would keep the DPP twin switch it to a DP twin and use a 3-4 Switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)