dish 500 - 119 & 129 instead of 110?!?!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

filibuster

Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Chicago
Hi. i am having a problem, it took forever to get my dish 500 to read the switch supposedly built in to the dish 500 dp satellite. it has dlnbf. it has always received the 119, now after much tinkering i am getting it to show 129, all i want is 119 & 110!! any ideas? i am running a dish pro single DVR receiver. and have done numerous switch checks and it will only show the 129 as the second satellite. is it as easy as moving it around more? i have moved it a bunch. any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to set the elevation angle to 34 degrees, set the skew angle to 116 degrees and point the dish to an azimuth angle of 217 degrees. Get a compass and point the two angle elevation brackets on the back of the dish towards 217 degrees.

Last edited:
??

so if it wasnt at 34 it would still grab the 119? because i get that perfectly, and i am getting 119 on the #2, i heard it should be on the 1? but i cant get 100 when i move it east or west, at all?? thanks for the tips here. !

also

i meant 110, not 100! i do lose the 119 when i move east, it goes completely,(i moved it 9degrees as stated in the dish guide) could it be an elevation issue? it is not mounted on a straight 90 degree surface and i dont have a protractor. !

i meant 110, not 100! i do lose the 119 when i move east, it goes completely,(i moved it 9degrees as stated in the dish guide) could it be an elevation issue? it is not mounted on a straight 90 degree surface and i dont have a protractor. !

It doesn't have to be mounted to a 90 degree surface. The arm to which the dish reflector is attached needs to be plumb. The skew, az, and elevation are independent of the mounting but not the arm being plumb. Foil over the 110 LNB, the rightmost one as you stand behind the dish. Adjust the elevation. skew, and azimuth to the settings for your zip. With the 119 LNB uncovered, move the dish in small increments left and right to locate 119. Once located, change the elevation in very small increments to peak the 119 signal. Unfoil the 110 LNB and run a test switch.

so if it wasnt at 34 it would still grab the 119? because i get that perfectly, and i am getting 119 on the #2, i heard it should be on the 1? but i cant get 100 when i move it east or west, at all?? thanks for the tips here. !
Yes, you could get 119 on the wrong lnb even with the correct elevation set. If you have a compass sight down the angle brackets on the dish back and if it's pointed at the wrong satellite you'll be able to tell.

How do you know the angle

Hello bross, can you tell me where you found out which angles to use? I'm trying to adjust mine to pull in 129. 110 signal strength is 25 and 119 is nonexistent, but I think I really want 129 (isn't that HD?).

Thanks!

satelliteN00b I use Dishpointer.com. 129 could be your HD satellite but you should still get 110 and 119. What dish are you using?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)