Dish 500/300 Combo for Rochester, NY?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dott

Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
I live in the Rochester NY area and will be interested in getting the locals (I see they will be coming soon). I also see where the Rochester Locals will be on 121, which requires a Superdish.
I have a Dish 500 and I also have my old 300 dish left behind from when I upgraded. Does anyone know if I could add my 300 back in addition to my 500 and point the 300 at 121?
Supposedly the Superdish upgrade is free if your locals require it buy I'm not crazy about the size of the thing.
I'd be willing to purchase another LNB and switch if need be.
Anyone have any insight?

No it wont work, unfortunately the 121 satellite is a lower powered bird and it also uses a regular KU LNB, Because of this you need a larger Dish, this is why you need a SuperDish.

The best guess I've see on a start date for Rochester locals is April 1st. Has anyone heard anything more concrete than that?

Thanks
Jon

I'm also interested in the Rochester locals, but am concerned about switching to a SuperDish because I have some minor obstructions that partially block my dish 500. I have heard that switching to superdish will lower the signal strength on the other two satellites. I'm not opposed to installing a second dish to get the 121 satellite -- do I have any reasonable options here?

Tnx,
/Don

Sat 121 is lower in the sky than 119. If your obstruction is lower, you may not have a line of sight.

Also.. the only second dish options they have available for SuperDish installs is a SD for 121 and a D500 for 119/110.. and they only authorize that for NLOS reasons.

bcshields said:
Sat 121 is lower in the sky than 119. If your obstruction is lower, you may not have a line of sight.

Also.. the only second dish options they have available for SuperDish installs is a SD for 121 and a D500 for 119/110.. and they only authorize that for NLOS reasons.

Two follow up questions:

1) Do I have any options if I use non-Dish installed equipment?

2) What is NLOS?

Thanks,
/Don

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts