Dish 500 for D****

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

shocker510

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Johnson City,Tennessee
My friend of mine bought a house and the previous owners had cable but had a Dish 500 mounted to a pipe from when they had e****. My friend wants to subscibe to D**** and had a couple of questions.
1. With the right LNB's can he use the Dish 500 for the 101 bird?
2. can you use d*** LNB's with the dish 500?
3. Would the bigger dish help with rain fade?
I did a search on this and still a little confussed. Thanks

It will work if the lnbs are not dishpro, set the skew to zero. (need legecy Lnbs) It should help signal a little, I have done before camping, but did not pay attention to signal strength as I was happy to get a signal(did not mess with skew either) .

dfergie said:
It will work if the lnbs are not dishpro, set the skew to zero. (need legecy Lnbs) It should help signal a little, I have done before camping, but did not pay attention to signal strength as I was happy to get a signal(did not mess with skew either) .
It has to be Legacy single or DUALS. Legacy Twin or Quads have a switch built in that Directv receivers can't operate. :)

Depending on how clear los is if the dish is installed right you don't need to worry about rain fade. I live in Washington state, about 30-40 South of Seattle. My directv service has NEVER been interrupted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)