Dish 500 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BIGJOHNC

Original poster
Apr 18, 2007
I have a dish 500 with a dish pro digital LNBF. I have 3 receivers 1, HD receiver and 2 DishDVRs. Everything works fine on the HD receiver but I cannot get local channels on the 2 DVRs. The error code screen is 002 indicating something is blocking the signal or bad weather, neither are the case. It's been this way for 2 months. Is this an LNB problem? Should I replace it?

BigJohn
:welcome
To SatelliteGuys

If you could give us a little more info, it would be helpful.
1: Model number of all your receivers.
2: Model of any installed multi-switch, if you know.

I have a dish 500 with a dish pro digital LNBF. I have 3 receivers 1, HD receiver and 2 DishDVRs. Everything works fine on the HD receiver but I cannot get local channels on the 2 DVRs. The error code screen is 002 indicating something is blocking the signal or bad weather, neither are the case. It's been this way for 2 months. Is this an LNB problem? Should I replace it?

your problem could be anything from lnb ports dead, ground block bad, bad coax, bad receivers, connectors, ect.
Since you are saying that you are missing the locals on both of the dvr's i'd almost certainly rule out the cabling and connectors... and probably the receivers also.
I'd first guess switching on one side of the quad lnb has died.

Cool down take a breath and give us more info and we will be happy to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)