Dish 500 in Alaska

mboron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Alaska
Hi everyone. I am new to this site, but want to say I have found the forum very informative. You guys know your satellites! I do have a question--I am trying to get dish 500 in Alaska. I have already set up a second dish(the skew dish doesn't work up here) I then proceeded to get a microyal SW 44 switch to combine the 119 and 110 dishes. I could not get it to work and when reading this forum discovered that the Microyal switch is legacy and I have DP LNB's. My bad. So my question is what is the most economical switch to get to combine these dishes. I have two dual DP LNB's and I need to feed four receivers. Thank you for your help.

welcome :wave

so you have 2 (big) separate dishes with DishPro duals on them and you want to combine them, right?

If so, get a DP34 switch. Take one line from each LNB and put it to the switch...the DP34 gives you 4 outputs and unlike Legacy, DishPro only needs one line to the switch :)

Thank you for the help. I have set up alot of simple 119 systems but am just learning about switches. Thanks again.

If you only have on receiver you could use a much cheaper DP21. If you have two receivers you could use two DP21's, I think that would be still cheaper than one DP34

BrettTRay said:
If you only have on receiver you could use a much cheaper DP21. If you have two receivers you could use two DP21's, I think that would be still cheaper than one DP34
It depends - sometimes used DP34s can be had for REAL cheap on eBay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts