Dish 500 Legacy Twin

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Davevh@comcast.net

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2007
Las Cruces NM
Gentlemen
The wind blew my tripod over and I think my LNB is toast.
I have a 3900 recvr and a Dish 500 Legacy Twin. I can ordinarily setup my 3900 and dish practically blindfolded. Not so after the wind blew my tripod over.
I cant seem to get it to SEE a bird. When I set it up using my home dish the 3900 works fine. I am running less than 100ft of RG6. It doesnt recognize the switch and it says no device installed.If it is a bad LNB will a DISH NETWORK DUAL LNBF LEGACY (single LNB) work with my 3900?
Thanks

is it a dual or a twin? they are different

a dual can see one satellite and allow up to 2 recievers to see off it
a twin allows you to see both 110 & 119 and run 2 recievers off of it

a Twin would fit in the "Y" adapter whereas a dual will only fill 1/2 of it

Sir
You answered my question about the dual. I would need two duals to fill my Y adapter so duals are out.
What amount of current should be ging to the LNB from reciever?
Does anybody have any CHEAP used twins lying around not doing anything?
Thanks

Gentlemen
I think I have my problem solved. I can now SEE 110 but I think the LNB may be SEEING 110 with the 119 side which is probably an elevation prblem. I have more trouble shooting to do thanks to " The Mad Chick In The RV" post.
Thanks

Did your dish get warped when it fell over? Set your dish face down on a flat surface like a table. If it rocks or you can see light under part of the dish face you need a new dish.

I'm a dish network installer,

Are you still having issues with your currenty sys? If you are drop me a message and I'll help you resolve it!
.. also how did your tripod blow over? ..lol

-tom

Thanks a lot but dont need the help on line current anymore. Dish got warped when the wind blew it over.
I'm an old metals fabricator. Reshaping was a piece of cake. It works just fine even with a couple of dents on the edge. The parabolics are good to go. I was 'seeing' 110 with 119 side fooled with the azimuth and elevation and it works fine now. I can almost set it up blindfolded.
Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)