Dish 500 or 1000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

toolnutbelew

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Hi,

1st question- Does anyone know if Dish is planning on the 1000 dish replacing the 500?
2nd question- For installers- Are you receiving more pay for installing the 1000?
I haven't had to install one yet but seems all I'm reading from the other installers that they have problems.

All feedback is welcome.
thanks,

toolnutbelew said:
Hi,

1st question- Does anyone know if Dish is planning on the 1000 dish replacing the 500?
2nd question- For installers- Are you receiving more pay for installing the 1000?
I haven't had to install one yet but seems all I'm reading from the other installers that they have problems.

All feedback is welcome.
thanks,
to answer number one....Don't know.....My guess is the D-1000 is being used as a replacement for super dish....\
Second:..The DN field svc mgr came by and told us that peaking a D-1 is the same as a d-5....horse sh*t......You peak the d-1 on the 119 side of the LNB but you must tweak the dish ot bring up the 129 signal....has one today.....Meter went nuts..took a look and the 129 was in the 50's..unacceptable on my watch...took soem sig away from 119 and voils..got sigs in the 70' and 80's on 129 while still maintaining 90's on the 119.....

toolnutbelew said:
Hi,

All feedback is welcome.
thanks,
pay rate is the same..as it should be....we can't get greedy.....rates are coming down.....I know that my employers compensation is lower than it was a year ago..they still pay the same..my employer is just taking a little less profit..I see this as the future...sat installers are going to get less and less...The issue IMO is the costs are rising to Dish and they can't jst pass all of it along to the subs....so they grab money from the purveyors..Meanwhile the cost of materials contimues to rise
I imagine many good installers getting out of the business as compensation gets lower.....Good techs won't waste their time making peanuts....Dish may save money up front but in the long run with them having to hire a bunch of $10/hr no talent, know nothing people, they will spend more on repairing sh!tty work....

Last edited:
I think that it would be likely that Dish will or have slowed down or stopped manufacturing the Dish500.

Since the Dish1000 will work in all Dish500 markets and it's cost to make over the Dish500 is negligible, I'm almost sure that Dish is concentrating on the Dish 1000. A Dish1000 can be used in all cases where a Dish500 is used, even for one satellite position as 61.5. They just don't have tp populate the lnb holder(s).

Dish Network would want everyone to have a Dish1000 as HD is the future. All Dish Network would have to do is make the dish the same cost as the Dish500 without the extra DP lnbf for 129 or make the dish the same cost as the Dish500 is to the retailer. The retailer has to pay more for the Dish1000 and does not get reimbursed for the extra cost. A little here, a little there, it all adds up.

It doesn't make sense for them to use a D1000 in the northeast (where 129 is too low to receive - even ignoring the footprint problem). D500s are still a little cheaper to make, so as Mike500 says I expect they'll still be made - just not as many.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)