Dish 500 plus down

you seem to have convinced yourself that it was a botched install but i do not really believe that since it worked for 14 months from day one. there are many things that can cause problems that are not fault if the installer. things i have found are bad cables from manufacturer, bad lnbs especially ones made in tiwain, dish warpage from the sun or ice or high winds. trees whose limbs have grown into the LOS. there are many reasons for signal lose. before jumping into conclusions that you had a bad install wait for the tech to come and fix it.
---------------------------------------

What kind of common sense do you have?

Screws halfway in the lnb and ground wires hanging at both ends
of the run

"Dish Network better hope your not doing installs for them!"

you have to be either high, out of your mind or just don't care about customers to say that type of work is OK

I'm also sorry you're having problems.

I'm positive it's alignment or a bad LNB, possibly bad connections

Remember, "Let your fingers do the walking"
You should have called a LOCAL RETAILER at the get go.
More than likely, you already would have been fixed.
We've got over 400 installs and I can safely say NO ONE has waited more than two days to get back up and running. For example, it it's a bad LNB, I'll throw on a new one right away for the customer. When the replacement from Dish arrives via UPS, either we'll pick it up or the customer can drop it off at the STORE.

I've even got an extra 501 authorized. It has been lent out a couple times while replacement receiver is sent.
Are not our LOCAL customers lucky??

fred

I'm also sorry you're having problems.

I'm positive it's alignment or a bad LNB, possibly bad connections

Remember, "Let your fingers do the walking"
You should have called a LOCAL RETAILER at the get go.
More than likely, you already would have been fixed.
We've got over 400 installs and I can safely say NO ONE has waited more than two days to get back up and running. For example, it it's a bad LNB, I'll throw on a new one right away for the customer. When the replacement from Dish arrives via UPS, either we'll pick it up or the customer can drop it off at the STORE.

I've even got an extra 501 authorized. It has been lent out a couple times while replacement receiver is sent.
Are not our LOCAL customers lucky??

fred

I will diffently go local when the contacts up
I'm not a bad guy or a hot head altrough reading some of my post might look that way, I'm just a little upset I didn't read the fine print on the protection plan
and that I didn't really look over the install or even check the ss

I thought the dish would be rugged and that it would take a lot to knock it out
I ordered dish plus lnb with which has that built in swich for $59 I went up and checked the az skew and elv, its that lnb, I downloaded the owners manual for the lnb I ordered and it stated that must be installed water tight and man it was not, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did

SO YES I WILL BE GOING LOCAL but it can get tricky I hear near the end of the contract, I'll have to plan in advance

PS Is it just me or does this forum change the type on some words
either that or I better start playing scrable

Ok

I have everything working good now!

Ran new port feeds (properly grounded to water pipe) and installed new LNB, right off the bat sat 110 registered 84ss, 119 shot to around 95ss

While up there I also noticed the mount was missing lags dipped new ones in caulk and screwed them in "with my RETRO 9volt Mikita"

had my wife watch the signal strength on the tv as I communicated via cell phone, I patiently adjusted the elevation etc and was eventaully able to reach 122 ss on sat 119 but for some reason only around 109 ss on sat 110?

What a picture I'm happy
also left about 10" extra cable for another sat relocation if should I decide to swicth to Direct TV.

Problem solved

Thanks to the forum

Ok

I have everything working good now!

Ran new port feeds (properly grounded to water pipe) and installed new LNB, right off the bat sat 110 registered 84ss, 119 shot to around 95ss

While up there I also noticed the mount was missing lags dipped new ones in caulk and screwed them in "with my RETRO 9volt Mikita"

had my wife watch the signal strength on the tv as I communicated via cell phone, I patiently adjusted the elevation etc and was eventaully able to reach 122 ss on sat 119 but for some reason only around 109 ss on sat 110?

What a picture I'm happy
also left about 10" extra cable for another sat relocation if should I decide to swicth to Direct TV.

Problem solved

Thanks to the forum

Good deal!

110 is about 10 pts. lower than 119 for me too.

I thought the dish would be rugged and that it would take a lot to knock it out
I ordered dish plus lnb with which has that built in swich for $59 I went up and checked the az skew and elv, its that lnb, I downloaded the owners manual for the lnb I ordered and it stated that must be installed water tight and man it was not, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did

pop the plastic cover off your bad lnb. all the plastic is, is for looks. underneath that is a sealed metal casing. The 2 little screws in the bottom of the y-adapter do NOTHING to make it water tight, just keeps it from falling off. The ONLY place water can get into the actual lnb is through the little hole in the input and output ports, the rest of the lnb is sealed.

I can guarantee you beyond any shadow of a doubt, that the 2 screws being lose had NOTHING to do with the lnb dying. When the DPP Twins first came out there was a bad run of them for a while that would die because of temperature issues. Nothing the installers could do to fix that, just bad equipment.
And you keep addressing the grounding. Is the coax grounded anywhere in the system? ground block anywhere? cause most installers dont ground the dish itself, hell, i don't don't ground the dish itself.

I'm really not trying to be an ass, but as an installer myself, I get a lot of people automatically assuming we are the weak link in the system, which most of the time is wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)