Dish 500 + Problem Locking on to 118.7

ciscoarroyo

Original poster
Nov 12, 2008
Greetings Satellite Techs:

I purchased a Dish 500 Plus a few days ago and got everything set up today.....well almost.

I keep trying to lock on to Satellite 118.7 without any luck. I have my Azimuth set to 211, my elevation to about 43, and my Skew to 115.

The problem is that I am getting about 63 signal strength on satellite 118.7 but the signal bar never turns green. When I turn the receiver off, it tries to download program content, but when it is finished, it will attempt to tune in to a channel and then it will tune out and go back to the "Acquiring Satellite Signal" screen. It will go through the "acquiring satellite signal" process up to 5 of 5 and then cycle back through.

The signal bar is not turning green on 119 either, but IS turning green on satellite 121 and 110. I am using a DP 34 switch and receiver 311. I have 3 coaxial cables connected to the DP 34 switch at ports for 118, 110, and 119.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Thank in advance for any help.

Disconnect all lines to the receiver and run check switch to clear the matrix, then try each lnb direct to the receiver and make sure dish is pointed correctly, once you have all three sats set, rewire the DP34 back in and run check switch again.

You are receiving the 121 satellite through the 118 LNB. Remember that both the 118.7 and 121 are FSS satellites so the 500+ can pick up 121. You need to repoint the dish by moving it slightly down and slightly to the right. Easiest way to aim would be to connect your meter to port 2D (the 119 sat) and aim with that, then tweak the 110 and 118.7. Once you've re-aimed the dish, make sure your 34 switch is connected properly and re-run check switch.

IS turning green on satellite 121 and 110.

You are not tuned correctly. You should not be getting the 121 at all.
Connect only the port on the big LNB that says '2D' and adjust the point dish screen to sat 119 transponder 11. Peak the signal on there, lock down all the bolts, and then connect the rest of the lines before running a check switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)