Dish 500 Reception

jwalker612

Original poster
Sep 2, 2005
I have a Dish Network Dish 500 with 110 and 119. During Hurricane Katrina we had to take down the dish so that it would not blow off the side of the house. I am trying to reconnect my dish but I can't get a signal AT ALL. I have it set at; Azimuth 223, Skew 126, and Elevation is 44 - just it says to set in to in "Point Dish." I have tried calling Dish Network for the last 5 days and it keeps saying "All circuits are busy." So I can't get anyone to help me out. And I will be d****ed if I am going to pay for service I can't receive or get help on. Can anyone of you guys help me PLEASE!!!!! :eek:

Where are you located at? I'd have to venture that its possible your mast could have been hit by flying debrie unless ofcourse you took the whole assembly down including the mast. If you took the mast down as well then it most likely is not plumb wich will mess with your elevation and skew settings.

As dfergie has inquired have you checked your coax, if there was an open connection on the outside of your home it could have gotten wet and there may be water in the line wich isnt good, you can try draining the water out by hanging the coax so that the end of it points to the ground.

Another thing to consider is wether or not your reciever(s) was on when you disconnected the lnbf from the coax, if the center conductor made contact with any kind of metal that was also touching the shielding of the connector then you could have shorted out the reciever. If the reciever was left plugged in during a power outage it also could have been damaged by a spike from the power coming back on.

I have a 522 receiver that is used in my living room and master bedroom and a 301 that is used in my guest bedroom.

I have not thought about checking the coax for water damaged. Also, when it's on the original screen, and shows that I have no signal, it will not change transponders. I stays on transponder 26 and does not check for other transponders. The power was already out and the receiver was unplugged when we took down the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts