Dish 500 with DVR625?? Can that Cause PQ Problems??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RocketFoot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2005
Southwestern PA
Ever since I upgraded from 2-301's to a 625, my locals PQ has been poor. I have been thinking that maybe some of has to do with the fact that the installer upgraded my older Dish 500 antenna and never installed a new on. Do you tink this is an issue and/or what is available to replace the 500 Antenna?

The poor PQ seems to be digital compression problems...pixelation and poor transitions on dark back grounds. It is driving me nuts!

The Dish 500 should work fine with the 625.

Are you getting a good strong signal? If not it may be an aiming issue. Have the installer re-peak the signal.

Another possibility is a flakey 625 or a 625 in need or rebooting. With all Dish DVRs you are not actually watching the stream as it comes from the satellite, but you are watching a replay of it as it is recorded on the hard drive. If the DVR is not recording properly or playing back properly you loose detail. Have you done a hard reboot - unplug for several minutes and restart?

Either cause could exibit these symptoms. It is akin to recording at low bitrate on a TiVo (blacks flatten out blockiness and pixelation with motion of the entire screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)