Dish 510 problem?

dswilliams

Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
I'm upgrading from a 501 to a 510. I just tried installing the second 510 that Dish sent, it still won't pick up more than 1 satellite. I can plug the 501 back in, and it picks up all three no problem. Tried other room with same results. Has anyone seen this before? Ideas? Dish is sending a third 510 receiver.

Check switch function was done. Results were one satellite only. Thanks for the feedback. I just don't like to be a parts changer. Dish says this is the last 510 they're going to send. What are the odds of getting the exact same problem on two different receivers?

Everything being equal. If your 501 works and sees two satellites then the 510 should as well. Normally the 510 is a stable receiver. I have had two of them for about two years and they are just fine. Keep trying. Eventually you will get a good one. Sounds like who ever is repairing DishNetworks receivers need a little refurbishment. I will bet a dime to doughnut however that eventually you will get a 625 or a 522. One day I will replace one of my 510's with one. I would not however replace both 510's for one of those dual tuners.

Sometimes my 510 would do this too, I don't know if 110 wasn't available or what the problem was, but it fixed itself. Usually had to turn it off, maybe unplug it, but it's done it before and fixed itself, if that helps...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)