Dish 510 Remote Control

lknobbs

Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Hello,

From my Dish 510 Receiver I run an optical audio cable to a Sony DAV-FC9 DVD A/V Reciever and S-Video to my Sony 51 inch widescreen. My problem is that I cannot program the Dish remote to control the volume on the Sony receiver. I called dish on this last year when the equipment was installed but could not get it to work with the supplied codes in the manual. I was hoping one of the smart fellars in these forums knows how to make this work.

Thanks,

Depends on your receiver, but the first thing to check is whether the receiver is set to AV1 or AV2 - I've had TWO Sony's that I beat my head on until I made the switch.

I've searched some Sony User forums as well look thru my manual, but I can't find anything about changing the command mode from 'AV2' to 'AV1'. There is information on other Sony receivers but not the DAV-FC9. I'll call Sony Tech support tomorrow and find out if it is possible on these receivers.

No - it's not the E* address, but the Sony one. Refer to your Sony manual - the procedure varies by receiver, but all the ones I seen/heard about come from the factory set to AV2, and the E* remote sends AV1 codes.

No, I don't know why either of those are true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)