Dish 522/322 and cable modem ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

harleydude

Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
Hi All,

Just found this forum and it has provided several hours of interesting stuff. I am moving into a new house on the 12/15 and have Dish Network set to install the DHA plan with a 522 and a 322 receiver to 4 TVS. However, I also plan on getting a cable modem hooked up the following day. Is this going to cause me any problems or headaches ? Can the cable modem and dish receivers share the cable wiring ? Anyone who has both would certainly be interested in hearing from.

thanks

cable modem

No, both feeds can not be on single connection. i.e., you can use existing wiring for either satellite or cable. If you plan to have both on same room, then use existing one for cable , and let satellite people install the new cables for it. I believe it is a free install. However they are unwilling to do freely in complex situations, ie., inside wall wiring etc. That may cost extra.

At least that is the experience I went through.

What I did when I dropped Time Warner for Dish was requested that TW isolate my one cable modem jack by putting it on a coupler with the outside line from the pole. This left all my other jacks "dead" as far as they were concerned, yet they are still all connected to each other. Works like a charm. :)

Just for clarity, the feeds from the dish to the receiver can NOT be shared with each other. You CAN use isolated house wiring to send the RF TV outputs of the receivers through the house.

In other words, it's going to be all new cable from dish to receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)