Dish 522/625 L2.93 released

Pepper

DVR Addict~Mad Scientist
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 16, 2004
Satsuma, AL
Woke up this morning, lo and behold my main 522 has a new software, L293.

Interestingly there is no mention of it here or here.

The secondary box is still on L292.

Anybody else get this one overnight? Wonder what it fixed?

Pepper said:
Woke up this morning, lo and behold my main 522 has a new software, L293.

Interestingly there is no mention of it here or here.

The secondary box is still on L292.

Anybody else get this one overnight? Wonder what it fixed?

My 625 took 2.93 but my 522 is still at 2.92. The first things I see different from 2.92 are :

There is no photo option under the multimedia option, and it tells you to press DVR when you are at the DVR/VOD screen.

Anyone else noticing an issue with recording?

I can't seem to schedule 2 shows to record at the same time anymore. Only the higher priority recording records. I am sure that this used to work.

Thanks.

My 625 took 2.93 last night. Kaydigi, was you ext drive formatted ext3? I have one freshly formatted ext3 I was going to try tonight.

I'm in dual mode.

Just tried again, and setting the second show to record at 1pm gave me the prompt about 2 shows at once.

I got up to check that it was actually in dual mode, since that is apparently only set on the actual unit.

It was set to dual mode.

I turned it to single, then back to dual, and it works now.

Apparently there was a glitch in some configuration setting when the software was updated.

Thanks for the verification that it was just my unit, and not a problem with the software version.

Batwings21 said:
My 625 took 2.93 last night. Kaydigi, was you ext drive formatted ext3? I have one freshly formatted ext3 I was going to try tonight.

No it was just formated to standard NTFS, I hope you have better luck.

kevink said:
I'm in dual mode.

Just tried again, and setting the second show to record at 1pm gave me the prompt about 2 shows at once.

I got up to check that it was actually in dual mode, since that is apparently only set on the actual unit.

It was set to dual mode.

I turned it to single, then back to dual, and it works now.

Apparently there was a glitch in some configuration setting when the software was updated.

Thanks for the verification that it was just my unit, and not a problem with the software version.

No problem, it happens sometimes with Dish upgrades. Sometimes putting it from Dual to single mode helps sort conflicts out it you are stuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)