dish 522 noob single feed single mode questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sindhiguy

Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
i have a 522 with one feed to satellite one and its set on single mode hooked up to one tv. what does single mode vs dual mode get me?
when i set timers some say 1 on the timer and some day 2 on the timer
what does that mean? does that mean which output it will come out from?
i only have one tv and want to watch one program while recording another on the same tv.
Do i require 2 sattelite inputs to do this.
i have both outputs going to the same tv for tv1 output and tv2 output.
i dont wanna buy the splietters if i dont have too.
advice please thanks

If you really only have one dish feed running to your 522, then it's just a glorified 510. Tuner 2 is useless. Anything set to record on it won't get recorded. You won't be able to watch a live program while recording another.

Are you sure there is only one feed? Maybe your installer put in a swtich so both feeds could be on a single wire?

The only switch that could close to this is a DPP-44 with a DPP separator which would allow one line to come in the home to the separator near the box - but the separator would still use both sat input ports of the 522, not one.

By having only one satellite input hooked up, the receiver will start to have horrendous problems - it is "required" to have both inputs no matter what mode the receiver is in - get the installer back out to finish the job he was paid to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts