Dish 5G internet????

but coops are not for profit
any profit they may see is typically returned to the members.
its a different animal
I generally find "not for profit" firms to be less responsive and more expensive than a firm that wants to please you enough that you are willing to give them money. Thus my screen name.

I generally find "not for profit" firms to be less responsive and more expensive than a firm that wants to please you enough that you are willing to give them money. Thus my screen name.
coops are basically owned by the members, who can vote the board out. so they are responsible to the members
i know my coop is better and cheaper than the local elec company
when storms knock the power out, we go out less often and for shorter times

coops are basically owned by the members, who can vote the board out. so they are responsible to the members
i know my coop is better and cheaper than the local elec company
when storms knock the power out, we go out less often and for shorter times

42 years ago my coop, Union Rural Electric, was more expensive than
the for profit companies, Dayton Power and Light and American Electric Power. This was because they had a lot of line and operating costs but low usage density. Now they are less expensive and considerably more reliable with less outages than the for profit companies. Two things caused this. Honda built a huge automobile and motorcycle plant and the population density has increased tremendously as people move from Columbus to a rural area which caused the usage to increase.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: tanman and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)