Dish 6000 Reciever

Bert Zipper

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
I just bought a used 6000, upon reciept of same I find 2 gapping holes in the rear. Can anyone tell me what is missing from this unit.bert zipper

Bert Zipper said:
I just bought a used 6000, upon reciept of same I find 2 gapping holes in the rear. Can anyone tell me what is missing from this unit.bert zipper
Probably had the two adapters. An 8psk and 8vsb. YOU ABSOLUTELY need the 8psk for any Satellite HD, since they switched everything over to require it. No one should be selling a 6000 and not including the 8PSK unless they warn you. The 8vsb is for Over The Air. I don't know if dish is still essentially giving the away (cost of s/h) or not anymore. If not could cost you a bit.

Did they also ship without a Yellow card?

tnsprin said:
Probably had the two adapters. An 8psk and 8vsb. YOU ABSOLUTELY need the 8psk for any Satellite HD, since they switched everything over to require it. No one should be selling a 6000 and not including the 8PSK unless they warn you. The 8vsb is for Over The Air. I don't know if dish is still essentially giving the away (cost of s/h) or not anymore. If not could cost you a bit.

Did they also ship without a Yellow card?
I should clarify, I am in Canada, will this unit still not work without an 8psk for bev HD

You don't need the 8psk for EVu but if this is a dish 6000 it will not work for evu. the software is different and they will not even activate a receiver with dish R & S numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)