Dish 622 $299 ends 03/31?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bchandler02

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2006
I called Dish yesterday to get some info on upgrading to the 622 and the programming packages. Few questions here, the first being what the title reflects.

They told me that the $299 offer is good until Mar 31. So, after Mar 31, does anyone know what the price will be? I'm not in any major hurry to get HD until there are a few more HD channels, but if waiting a few more months is going to cost me hundreds, I'll get it now.

Also, right now I have a 522. The only fee that I pay now besides the monthly programming is the 6 dollar DVR fee. No additional reciever stuff. They told me when I called that I would have to pay an additional reciever fee with the 622. I made it very clear that I was not adding the 622 and that it would be replacing the old box I have. Does this make sense?

Any help is appreciated
Thanks in advance.

My GUESS is that knowing Dish, there will be other deals as good as, if not better than, the current $299 promotion.

You will pay an additional receiver fee on top of the DVR fee on the 622, even it is your only receiver.

I'm slightly irked, because I had two 522's. Now I have a 522 and a 622. After trading a 522 for a 622, I now get a reciever fee for EACH receiver. I was expecting it on the 622, but not on the remaining 522 that never had a fee.
Of course I reveiwed all the fees with the CSR when I signed up for the upgrade, but they didn't mention that part.
So - I guess upgrading nulifies the previous promotion under which your pre-existings receivers were aquired. If you only have 1 receiver, that part isn't an issue, but you WILL be getting a receiver fee for the 622 (or any model for that matter) that you did not get with the 522. Has to do with "Dish 'n it UP" versus "DHA" or whatever promotion you got your recievers under.

Correct me if I'm wrong people, but this is how I understand it after reading a few million posts here, and seeing the devastating effects (lol) of the upgrade on my monthly bill.

I don't think the $299 deal is ending on 3/31. The deal changes on 4/1 to include a $200 rebate for those with existing, activated 921s and 942s who upgrade to a 622. But I strongly suspect the deal for everyone else will remain $299.

I could be wrong, but would be surprised.

I'd be shocked. I doubt it'll change until they have plenty of stock and need to pull from service more non MPEG-4 STBs.

I called into C.S. on Friday asking to upgrade my leased 942 to a Vip 622. I was told that it would cost me 299 billed to my credit card and 200 credit back to my dish bill after they recieved my 942 back. I was told that I would have to do this BEFORE 4/1 to take advantage of the offer.?.?

Seems we all get a different story.
John

cellexjohn said:
I called into C.S. on Friday asking to upgrade my leased 942 to a Vip 622. I was told that it would cost me 299 billed to my credit card and 200 credit back to my dish bill after they recieved my 942 back. I was told that I would have to do this BEFORE 4/1 to take advantage of the offer.?.?

John
I would be careful to get the CSR's operator ID and record the conversation if you decide to take the offer.

I'm waiting until April to do it. I called for information and he tried to get me on the spot. I was skeptical about the deal and told him I was going to wait.

cellexjohn said:

John
I think you heard it wrong or the CSR said it wrong. The $200 rebate is IF you do the 622 upgrade on 4/1/06 or after, not before. I've never heard of a person getting a $200 rebate/credit for trading in their 942 before 4/1/06 so if someone offered you that, that'd be something they're giving you uniquely if your info. is correct. But I highly doubt it, 99.99% of it.

But probably not under the $200 rebate deal. Make sure first. Very sure. The $299 deal is only thru calling Dish- I'd expect that to be the case also for the $99 deal.

Technically, you only get the $200 rebate if you place your order on 4/1 or later. If your order is already placed, then you won't qualify.

Dish has stated this quite clearly in two chats and it is again stated clearly in the new sticky announcement about the $99 upgrade.

The install date is irrelevant in this matter. If someone calls on 3/31 and gets an install date of 4/20, they would not get the rebate.

I would cancel that install right away and then call back on the special number on 4/1. That is unless you don't care to get the $200 rebate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)