Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got this from Dish earlier tonight, but just got home and am posting it now. :)

DISH Network is excited about the upcoming $200 equipment credit promotion. This promotion will be available to customers who exchange their existing 921 or 942 receivers for a ViP622 HD/DVR through our DISHN’ It Up receiver upgrade program.

To deliver the best customer experience, we have created a temporary support line beginning April 1st. Please contact us at 1-888-825-2569 and follow the prompts. A special group of trained customer service representatives will help you with your upgrade questions. This toll free number will be active from 8:00 AM EST on April 1st and will remain active until initial demand has been fulfilled.

You should expect shipment of the ViP622 within an estimated 2-3 weeks from your order date. This is based on our current demand.

We value your business. If you are not ready to exchange your receiver or upgrade to our new DishHD programming, we understand. The $200.00 equipment credit promotion will be available until August 1, 2006. Take your time, and when you are ready, we will be here.

In closing, please understand that this toll free number is only for customers with existing 921 and 942 receivers who wish to upgrade to a ViP622. If you have other concerns or are calling after the special hotline is no longer available, please call 1-800-333-3474 (DISH).

We would like to make your participation in this promotion as easy and convenient as possible. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

DISH Network Customer Support

BTW I just spoke with Justin about this program and applaud Dish for setting up this special upgrade number for forum members (Both SatelliteGuys and DBSTalk)

The folks answering these lines are trained on this special upgrade deal and will know exactly what your talking about when you call. :)

So thank you Dish Network!

Scott Greczkowski said:
To deliver the best customer experience, we have created a temporary support line beginning April 1st. Please contact us at 1-888-825-2569 and follow the prompts. A special group of trained customer service representatives will help you with your upgrade questions. This toll free number will be active from 8:00 AM EST on April 1st and will remain active until initial demand has been fulfilled.
We can't call at 12:01am on 4/1/06?

The promo goes from April 1 to August 1. I wonder what happens after that.

Has anyone got a diffinitive answer if leased owners can participate? I don't personally see why E* would give someone a $200 rebate for equipment which Dish already owns, but you never know....

The reason is no one is scheduled to answer those phones before 8 am on the first. Before then they should only ring and ring. :)

Im wondering if I can trick them into giving me 3 at that price.

::: holding breath :::

"Thank You" Dish Network for taking note to the HD fanatics at Satelliteguys!

And of course, "Thank You" Scott for making SatelliteGuys the one stop shop for all things HD.

I currently own my DVR942. If I spend $299 to get the ViP622 from Dish and Dish rebates me the $200 for sending in my 942, I better own the 622 and not be leasing it.

But, that's not the deal, is it?

Nope, you won't own the 622. The deal is a terrible ripoff for owners of 942s. Unless one thinks that paying $700 for less than one year of ownership for a DVR is a reasonable deal.

Owners of 921s probably aren't overly excited either, but at least they got a longer term of service out of those boxes.

I'm setting here with a 921 and a 942 that I own and cost near 1700.00 for both. I think box owners should still be box owners after exchange and not leasers also.

I sold my 942 on EBay and bought a 622. I sold my 921 last year and bought the 942. The upgrade to the 622 ended up costing me about $150, and I own it. Dish offers a "deal" to upgrade to a lease. They don't even give you $200 in cash, just credits against your bill. Then they take your receiver and sell it to a Canadian Express Vu customer and make even more money off of you, not to mention that they made you agree to a lengthy commitment with minimum programming requirements. No mistake about it, this "deal" is extremely lopsided, and that is the price of convenience.

[SARCASM ON]

So on April 1, I can finally order my *leased* $299 VIP622 and *finally* get channels I am paying for now, but can't view for at least another 3 weeks, plus send back my $999.00 *owned* 921 on/before August 1 to get my $200 credit making my total outlay $99.00 (plus monthly metal programming package)

I then have to wait until April 1, 2007 before I can get another *leased* VIP622. (Or pay $649.00 now)

On top of that, I have to be a good boy and jump through hoops for the 18 month commitment cycle to end.

[SARCASM OFF]

Seems like someone is getting shafted until October 2008...

ME!

By that time, Charlie will have figured out another way to get more of my hard earned money. (and yours) *sigh*

Scott what is the plan? It said it will be shipped in 2-3 weeks. Are the customers going to install it themselves? This will be intrestering for a few of my customers just getting to the wiring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts