Dish & 622 Install set for the 16th

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Today being my 6 month anniversary for cancelling Dish I called and signed up for the Silver package + HBO/Showtime.

It was $349 up front for the 622. They install it on the 16th and the CSR I spoke with actually was pretty decent. In fact my last 3 calls to Dish have been above average.

I wish I could get it before the 7th to record the entire season of the Soprano's but no luck. They told me equipment availability was the issue.

I'm looking very forward to getting the 622 after all the good things I heard about it.

There was an 18 month commitement but as long as Dish continues to go in the direction they are I don't see any problem with it.

I was told it was 299 upfront and a 49 dollar upgrade fee for a total of 348, I wrote 349.

The unit was 299 upfront and if you didn't have other equipment you had to pay a 49 upgrade fee.

If this is wrong I'll gladly call them back but its what a few dealers and CSR's told me.

Eric_C said:
The unit was 299 upfront and if you didn't have other equipment you had to pay a 49 upgrade fee.

I'm a completely new sub (never had Dish before), and it was 299 + 49 for me. The 49 is supposed to be credited back upon activiation I believe because I agreed to 18 months.

There is also a coupon for a $100 "rebate", which is paid by discounting your bill $10 per month for $10 months. So that takes the total cost down to $248 for a brand new 622 :) If anyone wants the link to the coupon I can dig it up when I get home from work.

Sorry but I do not see you getting a 622 before April. Yesterday they were dishing out dates 30 days from now due to 'availability'

Well considering that Dish has scheduled me for the 17th between 12 and 5 I might have to disagree.

I'd be greatful for the coupon if you can dig it up.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)