Dish 622 L356 Software Release Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here are the software notes direct from our friends at Dish Network for the new 622 software (version L3.56)

Dolby digital audio synch. enhancements,
A/V (HDMI) and MPEG4 closed-captioning robustness updates (e.g. drivers)
changes to reduce reports of incorrect error 004 pop-ups,
fix locked events being shown incorrectly in timer history
possible further fixes for infrequent receiver reset conditions

Thank you sir. It looks like they are adressing most of the problems that people have been reporting and that's great news. If they would only address the problems with us second class subscribers (211s).:(

I bet another reason for the update is for the impending Daylight Savings Time.

Dish has had a good track record of getting an update out just before time changes.

abricko said:
"Dolby digital audio synch. enhancements"

using the word: "Enhancements" in case they haven't fixed it fully! :)

LOL you picked up on that too? By enhancement they mean "maybe it'll work like its supposed too"

RandallA said:
Thank you sir. It looks like they are adressing most of the problems that people have been reporting and that's great news. If they would only address the problems with us second class subscribers (211s).:(

We must of not spent enough cash so we get fixed last lol, i am in the same boat have 211 with works when it wants but they tell me my receiver is fine and we are working on it, if you ask me if they are working on it it's not fine

Am I the only 622 owner out there who has a problem with timers? My OTA timers randomly disappear and re-appear. It will stay in the timers menu but the recording dot will disappear from the guide and will miss the recording. Satellite recordings are consistent. What good is the receiver if I cannot depend on the timers?
I was hoping that the latest software update would address the problem, but I guess not...

My Vip622 is showing a "serious hard disk error" after the reboot. Anyone else seeing bad drives? The error code is 05a1

Last edited:
jkinghome said:
I have noticed some video jerkiness in live and recorded shows.

Anyone noticed this?

Yes, I noticed this too and it was on both satellite and ota channels. I did a power cord reboot and it went away ........for now. I hope this is the end of the audio bugs and that the video jerkiness was a temporary thing because I hadn't done a reboot till now.

David said:
Am I the only 622 owner out there who has a problem with timers? My OTA timers randomly disappear and re-appear. It will stay in the timers menu but the recording dot will disappear from the guide and will miss the recording. Satellite recordings are consistent. What good is the receiver if I cannot depend on the timers?
I was hoping that the latest software update would address the problem, but I guess not...

I dunno if your alone but my 622 works very well and all my timers, OTA and regular are intact and functional after upgrade.

Last night I set Numbers and an ABC program to record on my new 622. While watching Numbers I hit the "go back" button and the picture froze. At first I thought the unit was completely frozen but after hitting "cancel" a couple of times I got a message asking me if I wanted to stop recording. I had to stop recording Numbers to get the system to work again.

This is the first time this has happened. Anyone else have this problem?

In the 4 days I have had the 622 I have had to do power button reboots 3 times due to loss of audio, loss of video, etc. Luckily I am familiar with power button reboots due to the fact that I upgraded from a 921, but my 921 didn't need rebooting this often.

Okay I have had the new software since early Friday morining and in two days I have had to reboot twice, once a day at different times when it acted up. The video jerkiness will happen on ALL channels , even the ota channels, at least once a day. The audio drop outs are gone as far as I can tell , but the video jerkiness has replaced it. So I guess I will keep up the daily reboots around 6:30 pm each day to prevent any problems during the primetime shows that are recording.

Major annoyance******

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts