Dish 622 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

larrydeans

Original poster
Oct 6, 2006
maine
My local stations are in the Bangor, Me market, 20 miles away. My 622 dvr hasn't been able to add the NBC station to its OTA list despite a 92-94 power signal. I receive the local CBS and PBS affiliates and had been able to access the NBC station, but no longer able to. When I do a scan for the local chanels, it pauses at the NBC channel number 25, but will not lock it in. My brother across the street has access despite pulling in a signal strength in the 70's. I called Dish tech support, no help at all. I have unplugged, reset to no avail. Please help, I'm missing too much HD programming.

Does your brother have a 622 as well? The problem may be with the PSIP generator at the NBC station. We had the exact same problem here last week in St. Louis with our ABC station KDNL. Good signal strength but the 622 would not lock due to invalid/nonexistent PSIP information. They finally got the new PSIP generator up on Monday and everything is back to normal.

My brother has exactly what I have a 622 VIP DVR. He receives the NBC affiliate. My antenna is on a rotar, signal strenght at a 92-94.

Does your brother have a 622 as well? The problem may be with the PSIP generator at the NBC station. We had the exact same problem here last week in St. Louis with our ABC station KDNL. Good signal strength but the 622 would not lock due to invalid/nonexistent PSIP information. They finally got the new PSIP generator up on Monday and everything is back to normal.

I agree with the PSIP diagnosis. Something similar happened to my TV's ATSC tuner about a year ago, which prevented my from viewing one of my local digital stations. Wound up having to do a full reset on my TV to fix it, but you might be able to do something less drastic. I can't remember the 622 local channel setup very well, but is there a way to remove the offending station, then rescan? otherwise, you may have to do a full reset on your 622.

It's possible your signal is TOO strong or you have a multipath issue. Either could be mitigated by pointing your antenna off-direction somewhat wrt the desired station. Easy to try and if that's the problem it's an obvious fix.

Welcome, BTW...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)