Dish 622 version C

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BCH

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2003
Atlanta GA
Someone posted in a previous thread (I already did a search but can't find it) that his 622 died and Dish replaced it with a 622 version C. If this is true how do you determine the version of your 622?

Look at the sticker on the back of the receiver. I had my replacement shipped today and my old defective receiver had two numbers on the sticker with the numbers ending with a "B". One of the numbers say something about "Mainboard #". My new receiver has those numbers too, and both numbers are ending with a "C". Now I believe that this means, that my new receiver is the 3rd generation of receivers, and hopefully it works better, and less buggy. IF this is a fact that there IS 3 generations existing now, tells me that they must have had a bunch of trouble with the hardware. I assune that generation "A" was the ones with the defective chips. Generation "B" was the better ones, but with a big percentage of them crapping out on customers in some sort of way. This must have caused E* to revise the mainboard again to make the 622 run more stable. Maybe it was not only the software that caused problems. Well all this is ONLY an assumption and I could be completely wrong, but I wouldn't have a better explanation for this. Also in another thread, someone stated that the initial startup took about 50 minutes to take place and this happened today. Well the EXACTLY same thing happened to me too, TODAY when I activated my new replacement receiver. I called Tech Support to tell them that apparently sent me a complete DOOR STOP, that won't even get past the Initialization screen. Well after about more than 30 minutes, and svereal manual reboots, there finally was some activity going on. Very weird. Well anyways, the receiver works like a charm since about 2 hours now, which is an achievement in my eyes, because the first recever already chose to reboot for no reason about 20 minutes after the Installer left :( .
Well I really hope this Bsing around will stop now, because I actually absolutely LOVE this machine, if it doesn't piss me off in the meantime with reboots and audio pops and stuff.:)

Okaay here's the Initial Startup Thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=62878

My first 622 was version B and it was replaced after only 1 week. It kept going to the screaming black screen of death followed by a reboot. My replacement unit is version C and it has been flawless for a week now!! :D

Last edited:
They are still shipping Version A and my Main Board Number ends in A, but starts with RB, so is that, in fact, Version A? I just got it last week and it was installed yesterday and that evening, while watching TNTHD, it went black and rebooted itself.

Does this happen, though, when it's getting a borderline signal from 129? I am not happy about it, am keeping a log. Signal strength for me on 129 (Dish 1000) is 55-62, average on various transponders.

I will keep searching this forum for more on the rebooting problem and see if it is truly connected to the receiver version or the bad signal on 129.

I find this thread very interesting. I cannot wait to get home and see 1. what version my original 622 is. and 2. what version the replacement that arrived yesterday is. I will post when I get home.

I hooked up my "C" 622 last night. So far, it's been flawless with recordings, OTA, and HD. Counters are all at 0. Of course, two days is not much of a track record...

One guy has just received a "D" designated 622, that batch number thought might be something if all the "C's" start having same bugs as earlier generations.

If D ones are out no way is it a revision number. Remember the 622 has been shipping for less than 2 months now. No way to have 4 revisions and test and start distribution of them in 2 months time.

It is smart to have a batch number, as it helps in tracking problems. I've seen numerous cases where errors on the assembly line in a particular batch created problems for just that batch.

Dish is going to sh*t when everyone with a 622 calls in for revision "D" now but it serves them right for being so un-forthcoming about the problems. The unit probably has some hardware glitches but Dish will never admit it and only replace it when the customer screams loud enough.

By the way, as I'm sure most of you know, the "letter" can be determined by the sticker on the box before it's even opened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)