Dish 625 DVR Hook Up

budhead151

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I'm planing on buying a Panasonic 26" LCD HDTV Model #: PAN TC26LX70. I will be hooking it up to a Dish Network 625 DVR. What is the best way to do this? I also have to hook up a VCR to record NBC with rabbit ears,the rest of my networks come from AAD.
Thanks

I'm planing on buying a Panasonic 26" LCD HDTV Model #: PAN TC26LX70. I will be hooking it up to a Dish Network 625 DVR. What is the best way to do this? I also have to hook up a VCR to record NBC with rabbit ears,the rest of my networks come from AAD.
Thanks

The 625 is a SD Receiver, so it will NOT get any HD Programming at all. I know it has a Coax Output for both Tuner1 and Tuner2. I can't get to that receiver right now (kids are sleeping in that room) so I can't tell you if it has Composite Outputs (Red, Yellow, White) or not, but I don't think it does so you will be stuck with Coax unless you upgrade your receiver.

Geoff

Thanks

S-Video is your best option with this receiver. I would upgrade to the hd dvr. I had this receiver and upgraded to the vip 722, big picture quality difference, even in sd programming.

I say upgrade to the 622/722 specially right noiw when EVERY customer getes an instant 100 dllrs off any receiver! aaa I wish i had my hdtv :(

and yah s video would be the best option.. but really? why would u want an sd receiver connected to an hdtv without the hd?

Would I need a new Dish with the 722 recceiver? I have a Dish 500 at this time.

If you upgrade to HD you will need a new dish and receiver.

By the way the S-video will give you the best picture quality on the 625. You can also run a optical out for your sound if you have a sound system that will support it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts