Dish 625 Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nacole28

Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Ok. Someone please tell me I'm not crazy. In 2006, we ordered a Dish 625 and had it installed. The installer didn't have easy access to install a coax to the TV in the bedroom, so he somehow set it up digitally for us. Now we have replaced the tv and are having trouble getting the satellite reconnected to it. Dish Network says that it is impossible to view programming without a coax attached, but we did it for two years before we switched the tv. Anyone know anything about this? :confused:

It is impossible to view programming without a coax attached (between the dish and the receiver).

You had to have some kind of connection. Are you saying the 625 was in the bedroom, with the TV? Or the 625 was in another location, away from the TV?

If it's the latter, there are boxes that can transmit the signal wirelessly from the 625 to the TV. But the 625 would still have a coax attached to it from the dish. A box would connect to the outputs to transmit, and another box would connect to your TV inputs to receive. A UHF remote or IR repeater arrangement could control the out of sight 625.

Ok. Someone please tell me I'm not crazy. In 2006, we ordered a Dish 625 and had it installed. The installer didn't have easy access to install a coax to the TV in the bedroom, so he somehow set it up digitally for us. Now we have replaced the tv and are having trouble getting the satellite reconnected to it. Dish Network says that it is impossible to view programming without a coax attached, but we did it for two years before we switched the tv. Anyone know anything about this? :confused:

well, there is a way to make this work without having a coax cable to the tv, im not sure the FCC would approve.

what channel were you wathcing the 2nd TV on?

how many small antennas are there on the back of your 625? is there a small antenna in the TV2 port? did your old tv have a small antenna on it or rabbit ears?

im sure it was not set up "digatally". im betting he made the 625 TV2 port act as sort of a small off-the-air TV station. go to "menu-6-1-3" on the 625 and see what channel TV2 was being broadcast on.

if there was anything attached to your old tv (such as rabbit ears, or a small antenna), it needs to be connected the same way to your new tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)