Dish 625 receiver Help

djord

Original poster
Sep 9, 2005
I am having problems with my 2nd TV on the 625 receiver. The RF remote
will not work, while I have my wireless network on.

I was told I could re route the antenna right to the second receiver,
which will eliminate this problem.

If someone knows how to do this, and can explain it in very simple terms
or a diagram I would really appreciate it.

It's nice to be quoted :up but that thread is not a good explanation.

What you need is two standard 2-way splitters and a couple of short jumpers - available for cheap at your local retailer.

At the back of the receiver connect the TV2 RF output to one port of the 2-port side of the splitter. Connect the UHF antenna port to the other one. Now connect the feed to the other room to the single-port side of the splitter.

At the other end, single-port side of splitter goes to the feed, one port of the 2-port side goes to the TV, and the other port gets the antenna itself - or a jumper to a nice spot for the antenna (if you do that you'll need a barrel connector, too).

and because there's no satellite frequencies and no DC voltages, a splitter is all that's necessary, rather than a diplexer?

thanks,
jgs

jstroup said:
and because there's no satellite frequencies and no DC voltages, a splitter is all that's necessary, rather than a diplexer?

thanks,
jgs
Correct.

Diplexers are used to combine and split different frequency bands on one cable. They have band-pass filters to only allow the desired bands onto the specified port.

In this case, both devices are on the UHF band, so a splitter is the right device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)