Dish 721 DVR fee's??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stuart gold

Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
I am considering getting a Dish 721 DVR. I have read on numerous web sites that this model was NOT charged the monthly DVR fee. When I called Dish to see what it would take to set it up, I was informed that I would have to pay the monthly fee and have my 721 plugged in to the phone jack 24/7. Are both of these true? Unfortunately, half the time that I call Dish, I get someone with a rather strong accent and can't really communicate with them. What is the truth about this? Please advise

Stuart

721s do not have a "DVR Fee". Like any other receiver, you will have to pay $5.00/month to have the box added to your account. All receivers are "supposed" to be connected to a phone line at all times. The 522 and 625 receivers will incur an additional $5.00 fee if not connected to a phone line. This does not apply to the 721. Getting a 721 installed may be difficult if you can't do it yourself. You can buy one from DishStore.net for 285.00, however, it does require two lines from the satellite to the receiver. If you can do this piece yourself, order through the store and hook it up. Otherwise, you may want to call your local dealer to see if they have them and can install or if they'll install one for you that you buy from DishStore.net.

"however, it does require two lines from the satellite to the receiver"

Better make sure that's a very high quality cable too. There's a lot of signal lost over a 22,236 mile long cable... :D Sorry - I couldn't resist.

BigFella said:
"however, it does require two lines from the satellite to the receiver"

Better make sure that's a very high quality cable too. There's a lot of signal lost over a 22,236 mile long cable...
Yeah, but very minimal rain fade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)