Dish 721 RF output question?

mlinuxg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
I have a Dish 721 receiver which I use the RF output on it to route the signal back through my cable wiring in my house to 2 other TVs. I recently purchased a Samsung 26 inch LCD for my bedroom. When I turn the Samsung on the picture is very bright and colorful but after a couple of minutes it goes black and white. Very weird. Could this be a problem with my RF output on the 721 or an issue with my Samsung?

I do have a second LCD in my basement office but that TV works just fine with the signal coming from the 721.

Anyone else experience this?

Sounds like the TV to me. Have you tried any other signal source? Does it do the same thing?

I currently use my 721 to feed two TVs, 1 via RF. The second TV is a 26" LCD flat panel and it looks great!

See ya
Tony

Sounds like the TV to me. Have you tried any other signal source? Does it do the same thing?

I currently use my 721 to feed two TVs, 1 via RF. The second TV is a 26" LCD flat panel and it looks great!

See ya
Tony

Yes, I've used the HDMI input on the TV and the picture is great. I can tune in my local HD channels on the TV and they look fine it's just the signal that I get from the 721 seems to have this problem.

Well If you have tried another signal source ON THE SAME INPUT as you had the 721 hooked up and not had the same problem that would eliminate the TV as the problem. Could it be a fine tuning problem with channel 3/4 when using the RF out of the 721. Try switching the 721 so it outputs RF on channel 4 instead of three and try again.

Good luck!

Tony

Well If you have tried another signal source ON THE SAME INPUT as you had the 721 hooked up and not had the same problem that would eliminate the TV as the problem. Could it be a fine tuning problem with channel 3/4 when using the RF out of the 721. Try switching the 721 so it outputs RF on channel 4 instead of three and try again.

Good luck!

Tony

I'll give that a try.

I've been thinking of upgrading to the 622. I wonder if the 622 sends the TV 2 output signal as a digital signal rather than an analog signal?

Thanks for the help Tony. I appreciate it!

Mike

Last edited:
AFAIK the 622 sends signal via NTSC channel 3 to TV 2 just like the 721 with the exception you have a separate tuner devoted to TV 2 out that the 721 does not. I know for certain that TV 2 out is NOT HD.

[mandatory whine] I would have been able to tell you first hand by now had Dish just sent me the 622 receiver I asked for and qualified for in December instead of insisting on forcing an installer I don't need on me. I would have upgraded to HD programming and been paying Dish more money a month and committed to another year and a half AND saved them money by not requiring an installer, but NOOOOO...[/end mandatory whine]

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts