dish 722 on the road?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rickc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2005
Thinking about upgrading to a 722. Since we will be taking our fifth wheel trailer to AZ for the Winter we'd like to take the 722 along so we could record shows we'd miss while away from the trailer. I know we'd lose our locals in this process.

What additional equipment (Antenna, cables, switches, diplexers, etc.) would I need to buy to make this scenerio work for us?

Thanks for your input.

It depends on what you want to see. If you want access to all your channels (with the exception of any spot beam channels such as your locals) you would need a dish that "sees" all of the satellites that you see at home - this is likely a Dish 1000 or 1000.2 to see 110, 119, and 129; So you would need the dish, and a stand (radio shack), a power source (you should already have that in the 5th wheel), and the ability to aim the dish (not hard at all once you do it a couple times).

Thanks for the input lakebum. What about switches and diplexers? There's only one Satellite TV connection available outside of the trailer. Any thoughts?

Guess I'll have to do some research and see what these items will cost before we do the upgrade to the 722.

I appreciate your help.

How many TVs are you trying to hook up. If you get a Dish 1000 or 1000.2 you won't need any switches at all. You will also be fine with just 1 line going to the TV. You can just use a DPP Separator on the line right before it goes into the receiver (inside the trailer) and it will make two cables go into the inputs of the receiver.

How many TVs are you trying to hook up. If you get a Dish 1000 or 1000.2 you won't need any switches at all. You will also be fine with just 1 line going to the TV. You can just use a DPP Separator on the line right before it goes into the receiver (inside the trailer) and it will make two cables go into the inputs of the receiver.

Wow! Thanks for that information! I guess I really didn't understand the proper setup for a single line hookup the 722. :confused: I am used to a Dish 508, and it only has the single input hookup.

Thanks again! :)

And if your Fifth wheel is anything like ours was, you can easily supply Dish programming to your bedroom TV. Like at home, you will only be able to view SD programming there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)