Dish 811 activation ????

herdfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 22, 2004
Cottonwood, AZ
I currently have an 811 that is subbed to the HD package only. When D* adds TNT-HD next week, I will have no use for the 811. I understand that D* won't activate HD on it anymore, but I have a friend who has E* HD and would like to be able to give it to him if he can activate it on his account.

Thoughts?

If he doesn't want it, does anyone here want it? I got it for free, so all I would want is shipping.

herdfan said:
I currently have an 811 that is subbed to the HD package only. When D* adds TNT-HD next week, I will have no use for the 811. I understand that D* won't activate HD on it anymore, but I have a friend who has E* HD and would like to be able to give it to him if he can activate it on his account.

Thoughts?

If he doesn't want it, does anyone here want it? I got it for free, so all I would want is shipping.
I recently sold a 811 on EBay but prior to doing so I called Dish several times (to get random responses) and asked them if I sold it or gave it away would they reactivate it. They said since I owned it outright, they would. I questioned the new MPEG4 format and asked if they waited a couple of months to activate it and the same reply was given. Three calls, all said they would but we all know CSR's are not kept in the loop, Bottom line here is all you have to do is call Dish and you will get your answer.:)

ptech said:
I recently sold a 811 on EBay but prior to doing so I called Dish several times (to get random responses) and asked them if I sold it or gave it away would they reactivate it. They said since I owned it outright, they would. I questioned the new MPEG4 format and asked if they waited a couple of months to activate it and the same reply was given. Three calls, all said they would but we all know CSR's are not kept in the loop, Bottom line here is all you have to do is call Dish and you will get your answer.:)

They will activate it but only for SD Dish programing if you do not currently have the old HD pack. Even if you have the old HD pack I have not gotten a definitive answer if E* will activate it for the old HD pack if someone was subbed before Feb. 1st.

anyone trying to activate an mpeg-2 HD receiver for HD who was not already subbing to some HD package before Feb 1st will definately not be able to activate it as an HD receiver.

The OTA receiver should still work though

Either way 6000, 811, 921, & 942 owners just lost a lot in resale value with Dishes policy of not activating mpeg2 HD receivers.

Jordan

Last edited:
Jordan420 said:
Either way 6000, 811, 921, & 942 owners just lost a lot in resale value with Dishes policy of not activating mpeg2 HD receivers.

Actually, there stupid policy is just another factor that has helped skyrocket the price of 6000 STB to double and triple what they were 3 months ago.

Is it still true that the OTA will only work if the 811 is connected to the dish?

Jordan420 said:
The OTA receiver should still work though

Jordan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts