Dish 811 receiver. Help please!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

candoan

Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
:confused: :confused: Hi All, I'm a new member here. Please help me out.
I have a dish 811 receiver which has been used for 2 years just for local chanels without activation. I was able to watch playoff football on last sunday 15Jan06, then I do not know what happened to it when I turned it on last night and I got a message that I have to call Dish Network to activate my receiver. I can't get local chanels at all like it used to be.

Please help me out, Thanks.:(

does it let you do anything it just says call dish net. to activate and gives you
R00 number and S00?

candoan said:
I have a dish 811 receiver which has been used for 2 years just for local chanels without activation. I was able to watch playoff football on last sunday 15Jan06, then I do not know what happened to it when I turned it on last night and I got a message that I have to call Dish Network to activate my receiver. I can't get local chanels at all like it used to be.
"Dude, you've been audited"!

Weezknight said:
I'd imagine that's the case as well. Don't you normally need to subscribe to an HD pack to receive the OTA HD Locals?

The receiver has to be activated in order for the OTA tuner to work.

candoan said:

Dump the 811 (piece of junk anyway for OTA) and get an STB if you are only watching OTA.

LG makes good ones.

That it is

That is correct. That the way it says. Do you have any idea?? Thanks for youe input.:(

volkodav said:
does it let you do anything it just says call dish net. to activate and gives you
R00 number and S00?

Harry said:
Dump the 811 (piece of junk anyway for OTA) and get an STB if you are only watching OTA.
LG makes good ones.
Can you tell me more about that STB, please?:confused:

BrianMis said:
The receiver has to be activated in order for the OTA tuner to work.
What do you mean I have to activate it if I want to watch local chanels OTA? Please.:confused:

I don't think the 811 has to be activated to view OTA TV. It does need to be pointing at the satellites.

At least that's what I've been told and what I've read over the two years I've owned mine.

Indy said:
Good choice would be a Voom STB that has been activated. Ebay for about $40
I tried to search on Ebay but I got no items found on Voom STB. Please tell me more. Thanks.

hemway said:
I don't think the 811 has to be activated to view OTA TV. It does need to be pointing at the satellites.
At least that's what I've been told and what I've read over the two years I've owned mine.
Yes, that the way I was told too. I have a 500 dish and it got 110 and 119 signal well 2 years so far then it just happened. You have any idea???:confused:

They just pushed down an update for the 811, maybe they started blocking the tuner.

If its really blocked you have some other options, $5 access fee plus whatever, $1.50 for one of the superstations or for 9.95 you can still get the hd pack. They say on 2/1 you won't be able to activate it anymore.

kb7oeb said:
They just pushed down an update for the 811, maybe they started blocking the tuner.

If its really blocked you have some other options, $5 access fee plus whatever, $1.50 for one of the superstations or for 9.95 you can still get the hd pack. They say on 2/1 you won't be able to activate it anymore.

You mean I should call them to activate it and pay for whatever they ask for?:mad:

Unless i am going crazy I could have sworn I read somewhere that in order for the OTA tuner to work the receiver had to be authorized for programming. I might have seen that in the customer agreement. It could be that Dish just never enforced it untill now.

its a new soft wear or receivers, sorry to say but people right you do have to activate at least something to by pass that message. find cheapest channel.

The user guide says that you need to be pointed and receiving signals.... nothing about activation. You should be able to go to installation menu and check if you receiving any satellites before you call DN. May be something happened to the cable or the dish got knocked out of alignment.

If you have a signal, then DN may have changed something.

Signal good

gireesh said:
The user guide says that you need to be pointed and receiving signals.... nothing about activation. You should be able to go to installation menu and check if you receiving any satellites before you call DN. May be something happened to the cable or the dish got knocked out of alignment.

If you have a signal, then DN may have changed something.

Thanks for the reply, but I did check for the signal. It's perfect like it was. I did call them and they said that I have to activaye it if I just want to have local chanels. Is that weird????:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts