Dish 811

coffee_bean

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
South Florida
I'm having problems with my Dish receiver 811, most all the channels on the guide, shows no info available, is anyone having the same problem or know how to fix it???
Thanks

Famous 811 bug. Reset the receiver by either:

1. Hold down the power button until the lights go off and the release. It will aquire the satellite and download the program guide.

or

2. Unplug the receiver for 15 seconds then plug it in and turn it on. It will aquire the satellite and download the program guide.

Scott

Yes, I notice this problem everytime I watch over the air programming. Quite annoying.

I do like the new feature on the HD over the air channels that shows the signal strength on the "error you have do not have a good signal to watch" message.

Yeah, but like Dish always does, fix/add one GOOD thing (the bar), screw everything else (slow time, black became grey) etc, but the signal meter was a very cool addition!

Do a check switch first, by going to menu, 6, 1, 1. If everything is o.k. with your satellites coming in, hit done. You will go to the check switch screen where the signal strength bars are. Go to each satellite that you have and wait until the green bar locks on and identifys the satellite. Then hit cancel, all the way until the "acquiring satellite signal screen" shows. Let that do its thing, a picture should pop up or it will say that it is downloading the guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)