Dish 921 users In Chicago anyone Lose NBC ota

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
I lost NBC digital channel 5-01 and 5-02 ota other day on my 921. I still get both of those channels on my Motorola DSR-550 on the same antenna, Called dish they seemed so stupid, had me run a check switch, and check signal strength on transponders, but that is not the problem, I beleive it is a software issue with the piece of sh*t 921???

Most likely, the NBC's PSIP failed or needs rebooting. If the PSIP is missing, which has been a legal requirement since earlier this year, the Dish HD's and receivers in complience, will not work. Likely the Motorola is an oLder receiver that did not care.

PSIP is the program guide and many other things.

dodge said:
I lost NBC digital channel 5-01 and 5-02 ota other day on my 921. I still get both of those channels on my Motorola DSR-550 on the same antenna, Called dish they seemed so stupid, had me run a check switch, and check signal strength on transponders, but that is not the problem, I beleive it is a software issue with the piece of sh*t 921???

Sometimes the PSIP data changes for a digital ota station for whatever reason. Every time this occurs, I have to manually remove the old listing from my 6000 and add the station back. Two times this did not work and I posted on the Atlanta Yahoo ahdtv forum (which most of the Atlanta stations monitor) and the stations corrected the PSIP and I was able to pick up the station again. The 6000 (and maybe also the 921) has to have a correct PSIP data steam or it will not pick up the station.

FYI:
I maintain two digital transmitters, the local NBC and CBS. If there is a power glitch or
network hickup, the PSIP computer and the Digital Encoder (what takes the digital stream and makes it 8VSP) get out of sync. We have the same units 90% of the stations have and they require a lengthly reset in the correct order to redo. Without that, newer receivers can't get you.

At least, if I see it disappear on DISH, I can get to our equipment remotely and resync them. However, at many stations, there are only one or two people who know how to do this. We have one other, besides myself. The reason is ma€ny people, who might be up for lessons on when fries are done at the local McDonalds, have access to the controls, and there are thousands of items in the menu's. We are password protected, but they've hacked the four-digit passwords before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)