Dish 942 distribution CATV network HELP!

Kandiru

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Hi:

I still have the basic lineup from the cableco and the entire house is wired for CATV with RG59 cabling.

I currently use one of the RG59s to extend my RF remote by hooking it to the 942 to one end and the little metal antenna to the other attached to the floor under my living room where i get the component and digital (via a splitter and a Muxlab 500050 balun using ethernet cable).

Now it gets hairy: i would like to send out "agile modulated" signal throughout the house using the CATV system and would like to also plug the RF antenna into the CATV system too.

So, will these three live happily together?

1. Cableco signal
2. Agile modulated from 842
3. RF from the antenna coax (planning a splitter upstairs so i can hook another antenna for the remote there)

I am sure we have broadcasting experts out there, this is Satelliteguys after all:)

Experts, help a dummie figure this one out. Thx much!

Oh, BTW the 811 is history xxxxing POS, a happy day when it sold on ebay :)

Last edited:
You should NOT have the UHF remote antenna attched to ANY RF TV signals - that makes it an illegal transmitter!

And trying to add the 942 signal to cable can end up sending that signal back up the cable. The cable company frowns on that.

Do NOT try to combine cable with ANY Dish equipment - it's only asking for trouble.

Just what i suspected. Thank you Simon, i'll follow your advice on this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts