Dish 942 L280 Release Notes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
New features (from L229):

· Off-Air Analog support
· PocketDISH support
· Digital Camera JPEG support
· Browse-2-PIP
In Single User Mode, pressing the PIP key while in Browse will tune the PIP window to selected channel.
· Added ability to record "duplicate" timers
You can now "Restore" a Skipped "duplicate event" timer. Option for entire timer or just this one event.

Fixes and changes:

· PTP transfer fix
· Video jitter fix
· Old update files will be removed from Pocket Dish when updating
· Multimedia slideshow fixes

Thanks for the news, Scott!

I was just hooked up with the 942 a few weeks ago.
Picture quality is noticably better than my HD Directivo.

I'm wondering if external archiving will now be allowed.

Edit: I just checked my system info and my software version is L280MAJD-N, so I assume I got the update.

I am not trying to start a rumor here, but I know Dish is kean on keeping its video datastream safeguarded. It would not surprise me to see you have to buy a special Dish Network hard drive for the unit.

It would also not surprise me to see you have to marry the drive with your 942 to prevent you from copying your data to another 942.

Mine didn't get it either.

What happened to your slingbox Scott?

I am watching mine from my slingbox and it was on all night so I shut it down and I can see that it is downloading the software.

its soooo sweeet. . I just scanned in ota locals and added picture... the only bad thing is it nocks out 129 as an option and it will not pickup 129 in the check switch menu. It has an x with an ok and dual. Way to go software guys!! allthough i still can see the congratz you got a d-1000 chnl.

John Walsh said:
Mine didn't get it either.

What happened to your slingbox Scott?

I am watching mine from my slingbox and it was on all night so I shut it down and I can see that it is downloading the software.
My slingbox has my ExpressVu 9200 hooked up to it. :)

Fixed the DVI "going away bug" when using my projector and Gefen switch! Yea! Also fixed 2 digital OTA channels that I couldn't get with 229 (could with prior versions), so they are back. No new Dish Home (1000) multiview :-( Also, they removed 129 from the Dish Pointing screen (installed my dish 1000 last night, now no 129 on the pointing screen.

Is anyone else having audio problems? When I use the PIP SWAP button I sometimes lose audio. When I then channel up or down, some channels will have sound and others will not. The audio will return by pressing the swap button two times.

Also, once when I pressed the PIP button while in browse mode, the adio for the PIP channel came on and stayed on even after I closed the PIP window.

On the bright side, both tuners now seem to have dolby digital sound.

I noticed in the menu under system setup> diagnostics that there is an option to diagnose the hard drive. Is this new?
It's grayed and disabled right now... and no mention of it in the manual. :confused:

davideo said:
I noticed in the menu under system setup> diagnostics that there is an option to diagnose the hard drive. Is this new?
It's grayed and disabled right now... and no mention of it in the manual. :confused:
It's been present (and grayed out) in L229.

Just tried connecting my Sony camcorder (with some pictures on the Memory Stick) via USB port. And it was recognized no problems. Cool! :up
I uploaded pictures to the 942 and can now watch them right from there!

As an experiment I also connected my flash drive with a couple of JPEGs on it, but this didn't work.

Now I just need to figure out how to put pictures from my computer to the Memory Stick, so that they would be recognized and uploaded by the 942.

The analog tuner in my 942 now works! I just scanned in all analog channels!
(Not that I missed them much ;))

Yes, I did rescan for both analog and digital also. Got total 52(!) channels from Milwaukee and Chicago. Later deleted all analog ones - why do I need them anyway. Did not check yet DVI disappearence act with my PT-L500U projector. If they fixed it will save me several remote clicks needed to restore it (I even memorized them : Menu, 6, 8, left, left, up, right, right, enter. It changes TV from 720p to 1080i and DVI restores. Then I just go back to 720p).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts