dish 942 receiver

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hello everyone , im currently a directv customer, but im shopping around for dish network , I just dont know how to get the receivers i want. i really would like the dish 942 hd/dvr and the dish 525 dvr. i just dont know were to get them? and how much can i get them (lease?/Own?) if im a new subscriber. also i would like my dish to point at 119,110 and 61.5 but i dont want to order voom channels just yet , i just want to ready for when i want them. but i do want the hd pak since ive heard its free for the first 6 months.
thanks
JOse

Lease it directly from DISH Notwerk be sure to get the NO COMMITMENT deal it will cost you $250 to lease the 942 and you will be quite happy to switch back to Directv in less than 6 months.

Just check www.dishnetwork.com and select "Order online". You don't have to make the actual purchase online, but it will walk you through all the options and pricing.
As a new Dish customer you can lease the 942. Which is a great deal, especially with all that MPEG-4 uncertainty.

No, No, No - the 942 and other Dish MPEG 2 receivers are not MPEG 4.

Please check the many various other treads on this subject. Use search button at top of page.

oh ok , ill do a search. there is just so many different things to mess with . with dish network all these different switches , different satellites. i guess im just a newby and ill eventually learn all this like i did with directv. but i didnt think directv was this hard..
thanks

all4jo said:
well i just trie the room configuration and all it lets me get is a 811 hd reciver and a 625 dvr
That's strange! The 942 option was there before. Perhaps they don't want to advertise the 942 too much...

all4jo said:
yeah about mpeg4 , the customer service rep told me that the 942 and the 625 dvr are mpeg4 ready.
is that true?

I had four different customer reps tell me the 942 did MPeg4 only to have a Dish technical service person tell me that it couldn't and Dish never published anything saying it could. Too bad their customer reps don't know. :(

The short answer is that none of the dish DVRs can do MPeg4 right now. Dish will offer some sort of upgrade path once they do. Leasing a Dish is a good idea since a hardware upgrade is inevitable.

I a thinking of going with E for its HD content and I am willing to pay the $250 lease fee for the 942. I live about 30 miles NW of Portland Maine and I would like to know if i will need a second dish to receive the Voom package.

Maineiac said:
I a thinking of going with E for its HD content and I am willing to pay the $250 lease fee for the 942. I live about 30 miles NW of Portland Maine and I would like to know if i will need a second dish to receive the Voom package.
Yes, you will. The D1000 won't work up there, so you'll need a second dish to point at 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)