DISH adds Nautical Channel to lineup

HangingOut

Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
US
[h=2]Source: http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2012092424201/dish-adds-nautical-channel-to-lineup.html

DISH adds Nautical Channel to lineup[/h] Michelle Clancy | 24-09-2012
No. 2 U.S. satellite broadcaster DISH Network has added another niche network to its lineup, focused on the sailing lifestyle: The Nautical Channel.
Launched on 5 December 2011, Nautical Channel caters to a local and worldwide audience and is 'skippered' by Laurence Fox Hopper, founder and CEO. The network is available to about 15 million subscribers in 29 countries in English, French and German. With one hundred international pay TV, satellite, subscriber IPTV, mobile phone, digital terrestrial, MMDS and cable TV platforms.
Sailing and boating sports make up more than half the programming, which the channel said have become more popular than ever, thanks to the enthusiasm generated by competitions such as the America's Cup World series, Vendée Globe, H2O power boating and Volvo Ocean Race, among others. The programming wheel covers over twenty interest areas. Everything from boating sports (power and sailing) to news, travel, adventure, yachting, surfing, on-board interviews, shipyards, equipment, undersea wrecks and more.

It's actually a very decent channel if you are in to boating, ships, etc... I am not particularly but still find some of it interesting.

It's actually a very decent channel if you are in to boating, ships, etc... I am not particularly but still find some of it interesting.
As a former Hobie Cat boat owner, I would be interested....but...

One of my friends in Florida has a Hobie - his is a very lightweight boat really for fishing.

One of my friends in Florida has a Hobie - his is a very lightweight boat really for fishing.
Hobie and Fishing are total disconnects. Sure it's a Hobie (catamaran)? Would not know how you would even stow a rod and tackle box.

Very sure, called a "Pro Angler" with some other name attached also.

Edit - looked it up - "Mirage Pro Angler"

I thought one of the knocks against Dish Network was that all of the subscribers are rural country-folk. Adding the Nautical Channel blows that theory out of (into?) the water.

NotTheNoob said:
I thought one of the knocks against Dish Network was that all of the subscribers are rural country-folk. Adding the Nautical Channel blows that theory out of (into?) the water.

Not really. I live in a rural area and have owned boats for years.

Is this part of the 250 or does it have to be ordered separately? Might have to procure myself a 1000+ dish if the channel won't cost me anything.

It appears from the 118 satellite, I get it from there but not sure why, meaning I do get top250 but nothing on 118 is associated with having those packages. It's either international programming that you pay for, or free channels. It might be in freeview? But not sure what international package it would be in. It seems weird that it's on that satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)