Dish Adds New Local Hd Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have no idea what the beam covers. I've only ever found one map that had actual coverage areas instead of just the centers, and the western boundary did indeed go right down through Lycoming and Union counties. But there's something not right about that map, because it doesn't show the Philadelphia / DC beam coming anywhere near either of us, whereas I get a better signal on it than I do on some of the CONUS transponders!

I'm in Northumberland county (east) and I only get a signal strength of 5 on TP 7. Other TP's are between 50 and 60. Check out the "HD locals for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, PA timeframe??" thread for a lot more discussion on this. (Sorry, I tried to insert a link but apparently I havn't posted long enough to earn the privilege)

It would be interesting to see who is the fartherest west of Scranton and still gets signal on this.

Typical Dish Network Lies and BS

Well Dish Network is up to there usual crap as far as the Madison locals are concerned it's one channel (FOX) and to get it they want to charge you $60 plus installation of a second dish! Dish Network is the worst company.... nothing but lies and sh!tty service.

Another dissatisfied Dish Network customer.

DISH Network Expands Local High Definition Markets

October 09, 2008: 07:00 AM EST

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Oct. 9 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ --DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider and the digital transition leader, today announced the addition of high definition local channels in five markets: Florence - Myrtle Beach, S.C.; Fort Myers - Naples, Fla.; Greenville - New Bern - Washington, N.C.; Madison, Wis.; and Wilkes Barre - Scranton, Pa. DISH Network(R) now offers local channels in 70 markets reaching 71 percent of U.S. TV households.

Consumers can sign up for the best high definition programming and service in the industry with DISH Network’s new TurboHD programming packages, the only all-HD packages on the market, starting at $24.99 per month. TurboHD is available in three separate tiers and includes special "turbo-charged" features and benefits such as DISH Network’s award-winning and industry-leading technology, the highest quality HD available including 1080p resolution where available, and the most-watched HD channels that may be viewed on any TV -- analog, digital or high definition.

Current DISH Network customers looking to add the industry’s best high definition experience can get a "turbo-charged" HD package for as little as $10 more per month.

Well Dish Network is up to there usual crap as far as the Madison locals are concerned it's one channel (FOX) and to get it they want to charge you $60 plus installation of a second dish!

Satellites have to go in different orbits, so what do you want? Also, you dont get the networks free. You specifically have to pay for them. That said, they should keep the installation costs but offer rebates to offset them. That way everybody is happy. Well... everyone but those that dont want to put a second dish on their roof. Like me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)