Dish Aiming Question

RichR2

Original poster
Oct 17, 2022
Lewiston, NY
I purchased a "Dish Network Hybrid Pro Eastern Arc LNB Dish Antenna (DISH1000.3-EA" from solid signal which is for 61.5E and 72.7E satellites.
When I go to "MyDish" to get aiming numbers, they do not list a 1000.3EA as an option. They only list 1000.2 or 1000.4?
When I go to "DishPointer", they only list a 1000.4 (61.5W, 72.7W, 77W) which I believe is a misprint as it should be "61.5E, 72.7E,77E"
The numbers are different between the sites which I assume is because Dishpointer is more precise as they zero down to an address and not just zip code like MyDish.
My question is, what numbers would I use for my setup since they do not list my dish on either site?

Attachments

• dish.JPG
    dish.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 97
I purchased a "Dish Network Hybrid Pro Eastern Arc LNB Dish Antenna (DISH1000.3-EA" from solid signal which is for 61.5E and 72.7E satellites.
When I go to "MyDish" to get aiming numbers, they do not list a 1000.3EA as an option. They only list 1000.2 or 1000.4?
When I go to "DishPointer", they only list a 1000.4 (61.5W, 72.7W, 77W) which I believe is a misprint as it should be "61.5E, 72.7E,77E"
The numbers are different between the sites which I assume is because Dishpointer is more precise as they zero down to an address and not just zip code like MyDish.
My question is, what numbers would I use for my setup since they do not list my dish on either site?
Because it’s not 1000.3. It’s 1000.2.
Give me a couple minutes and I’ll give you the exact settings for that dish. And BTW, I’m from Buffalo!

The "1000.3" is a designation that Solid Signal seems to have invented to differentiate the 1000.2 WA and the 1000.2 EA setups. The dishes are identical except for the LNB. The 1000.4 also has both WA and EA LNB's available. The 61.5 W, etc. is correct for the western hemisphere sats.

Actually, west is correct since (almost?) all geo sats for the western hemisphere :D are west of the prime meridian.
One of the things I love about being from Buffalo is how proud people are to proclaim that they’re from Buffalo and follow it up with Go Bills! lol
I think if you survive the winters in Buffalo, you have a right to be proud. How much snow do you get up there?
The 61.5 W, etc. is correct for the western hemisphere sats.
Yup. Thanks Dutch.

I think if you survive the winters in Buffalo, you have a right to be proud. How much snow do you get up there?
One of my favorite Western NY snow stories is from the area known as the "Tug Hill Plateau". The area gets LOTS of snow since it's in a prime location for lake effects snow. One year a TV helicopter was flying around reporting on the latest snowfall when they spotted a large sign made of pine bows near a small cabin. As they closed in, there were several snowmobiles parked nearby, and the sign read "NEED BEER"... :)

It snowed here once. That stuff is overrated.
Funny. Winter here in Central IL is about 3 months of real winter and I hear all the time "But you're from Buffalo!" whenever I complain of it, as if 6 months of real winter is something I liked?? I hate winter. And this one for us is supposed to be frigid, due to the La Nina we're moving into.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts