Dish aiming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mxd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
N. Indiana
I have super dish at 105, 110, and 119. I recently had another dish installed for Voom. The new dish looks like a dish 500 with dual lnb's pointed at 129. I wonder when the trees leaf out this spring if this is going to work. I don't know why 129 was chosen when I have an unobstructed view to the SSE, which I think is where 61.5 is. My question is this, if the 129 dish needs reaimed to 61.5, how big of a job is this? Where do you find the compass and elevation readings? Does anything need to be done on the receiver? My zip code is 46538. Thanks in advance for any advice!!

I hope your new dish is a Dish 300. If so, then you can easily find the correct azimuth and elevation numbers for 61.5 from your receiver's installation menu.
But I'll go ahead and give you the numbers (based on your zip code). They are:
Azimuth 148
Elevation 36

But if the new dish has two lnbs...or if it has one wide lnb, then it is a Dish 500. Receivers do not have Dish 500 azimuth, elevation and skew numbers for 61.5 because Dish 500s are not meant to look at that satellite. But of course they can receive the signal from 61.5 if you aim the dish properly. The best thing to do would be to replace the Y-bracket with an I-bracket and thus then put a single lnb positioned at the dish's main focal point. If you were to do that, then you could point the dish using the Dish 300 numbers (which would be the correct numbers). (I-brackets can be obtained at futurevisionsat.)

Alternatively, you could keep your Dish 500 as it is and aim it so that one of the two lnb pickups would receive 61.5. Doing so is doable, but difficult. Connect the coaxial cable to the 119 connector. Set the skew to 90 degrees. Set the elevation to 36. Set the azimuth to 144. Those ballpark numbers should enable you to get a signal which you can then peak.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts