Dish allowed to provide out-of-market locals according to reuters to where not accessable

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Didn't Dish close all Asian Pacific call centers?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Nope, the call centers in the philippines are still open, they operate the chat support. That is why chat support is no good, if you are asking a detail specific question. They know nothing about distant networks or any of the united state laws, cause they never lived here. So of course you will get those type of responses, if connected to that call center.

Also, a House Panel voting for this is a long way from passing legislation in both chambers plus signature from The White House...

Since it is just an extension of an existing law, it is not likely to be opposed much...

Nope, the call centers in the philippines are still open, they operate the chat support. That is why chat support is no good, if you are asking a detail specific question. They know nothing about distant networks or any of the united state laws, cause they never lived here. So of course you will get those type of responses, if connected to that call center.

How do you know this? Did the CSR tell you where they were located?

I am still hoping the bill is amended to provide in state programming import for those who are located in an out of state DMA, as they have in VT.

How do you know this? Did the CSR tell you where they were located?

I live in hawaii and we have big asian population here, and of that is the Filipinos, and I yea did ask them. My account is setup to be forward the US call center, so I no longer have to deal with them.

I called Dish CSR, I know Scott is going to disagree with me. It looks like Dish is ready to provide distant networks. Just waiting for the everything to be completed with STELA. They looked into my account verified my receiver is eligible to receive distant networks. I am guessing the ones who are not showing up in system as eligible still must been RV's owners. As like some say, once you sell your RV, your no longer eligible. When you have to update information, with proof of registration and ownership. With homes they do it like a rv campsite, for example a particular site in that part of Idaho, is eligible to receive distant networks due to the address. That is probably where part of your money goes when, you pay that fee to park at the campsite. Which the campsite owner, county, or state pays their due to the satellite providers.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we have received no updates about STELA or distant networks. I am afraid the agent you spoke with provided wrong information.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but we have received no updates about STELA or distant networks. I am afraid the agent you spoke with provided wrong information.

Don't have the slightest moment of concern over this.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I am guessing that my situation would fall under the terms of "where not available," but does this legislation provide the possibility of Dish Network viewers finally getting significantly viewed stations within the market? I don't know anything about that other than seeing something several months ago about satellite companies now being able to provide out-of-market stations deemed as significantly viewed, but that does not seem to be the case for either provider. I just wouldn't mind having WLFI out of Lafayette in my Indianapolis locals for Purdue sports.

Rusty I have a feeling no matter what your told you will still say they are coming to DISH. And I thought Fantasyland was only found in Disney Theme Parks. :D

CSR's are the last to know ANYTHING. If you are a pain and keep calling them and hounding them about the same thing each time you call (notes are kept for each call) some CSR's will tell you anything to get you off the phone as they have other customers to take care of with real issues.

As of yesterday I was again told DISH has no plans to offer out of market locals since they offer all DMA's.

Read your own title to this thread... "Dish allowed to provide out of maket locals... where not accessible." Since they cover all the DMA's they cant offer out of market locals. It's that simple.

Scott, thank you. I am not for a moment going to condone any CSR giving wrong information, in any attempt to get a person off the phone, but Scott is most definitely right, a CSR is going to be the last person to know about such a thing. With Scott's connections, honestly, it will be posted here as soon or sooner than CSRs will know. I generally won't be breaking news here (I need my job, and don't want my company to start nosing), but I can tell you, when I see news broken here, it's usually right about the time I find out (and I'm not a CSR, but I do work in a call center).

To the original story: No, nothing has been passed down about distants. No, a CSR is not going to know about this at this point. If you call 50 agents and get bad news 49 times, and a sketchy story the 50th, that doesn't mean it's right.

I guess Rusty didnt read the 1st sentence of the link

A U.S. House of Representatives panel on Thursday voted to reauthorize a law allowing satellite providers like Dish Network Corp or DirecTV to bring in TV signals from other markets when subscribers cannot pick up local stations.

as noted its just import neighboring locals when a market doesnt have the full slate.

Oh and I know in the DIrectv thread you were thinking of coming there. They wont authorize distants unless you have a RV waiver because your locals are available

I am staying with dish iceberg, since my receiver is grandfather to receive distant. What zach is saying that the csr is wrong about dish going to provide distant networks. Zach doesn't have my account information, unless Scott and Charlie are close friend. I am guessing they talked about me, and Scott probably asked Charlie to search up a Hawaii account who had distant networks. Then Scott to asked Zach to give me the bad news. If this is the case, it is illegal to go into someone account without their permission. We were properly receiving distant networks, with waivers granted from our local affiliates.

I am staying with dish iceberg, since my receiver is grandfather to receive distant. What zach is saying that the csr is wrong about dish going to provide distant networks. Zach doesn't have my account information, unless Scott and Charlie are close friend. I am guessing they talked about me, and Scott probably asked Charlie to search up a Hawaii account who had distant networks. Then Scott to asked Zach to give me the bad news. If this is the case, it is illegal to go into someone account without their permission. We were properly receiving distant networks, with waivers granted from our local affiliates.

Yes, that's exactly what must have happened!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

WOW, just wow! :facepalm

I admit I never would have guessed that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)