Dish and Another RSN Dispute (Altitude)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't Block My Altitude - Altitude Sports

Dish looking to drop Altitude sports tonight at midnight. Then...Comcast and DirecTV are planning on dropping it this Saturday.

This surprises me as Dish is based in Colorado.

Comcast and DIrectv can't come to an agreement with them, what would lead you to believe DISH of all providers would? :biggrin

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Well I would suspect that since DISH execs are in Colorado and this a Colorado RSN that they hear it more clearly. Plus these guys have an interest in their local team.

But who knows.

Comcast and DIrectv can't come to an agreement with them, what would lead you to believe DISH of all providers would? :biggrin

We absolutely get how important the programming is to many of our members. We are still in negotiations with Altitude, working to not only reach an agreement, but, a long-term agreement for our members.

- Jessica M.

There is no interest in anything but DISH is a business. You can bet they have execs who are New York Sports fans too, how did that work out? DISH may well come to an agreement with them as most times in disputes they eventually do. But if Directv and Comcast think they are asking too much or something in the contract isn't acceptable DISH is likely to think so too fans or not.

I wish all of the Sports channels were in a package, like they are in Canada. That way the people that love them can buy them.

Well I would suspect that since DISH execs are in Colorado and this a Colorado RSN that they hear it more clearly. Plus these guys have an interest in their local team.

But who knows.

Yeah but they probably got a secret feed uplinked just for them.

Like Charlie has TBS HD before it was on Dish.

If I’m not mistaken he got caught by the hackers and then Dish was forced to carry it for everyone .

Dish is really putting their foot down with these RSN's. It's been said before, but I do believe that they are trying to get the RSN's as add-ons. And I would be shocked at this point if they come back unless they are as add-ons, or they allow a "plus" version of every package (AT200 has no RSN's while AT200+ does, just like the top 120 setup)

DISH dropping FOX Sports Detroit could be the thing that makes me move after 12 years. Can't pay for a service that doesn't have Red Wings games.

When they dropped HBO, we simply signed up for the service with Amazon.

Does anyone know what alternatives we have for the Fox Sports regional stations? I though about testing out Xfinity to compare picture quality to DISH, but their app isn't available for my smart TV and the one coax feed in that room is being used by DISH right now.

-Jeff

We are getting the Fox Regional Sports by streaming it on Hulu Live. The newer Samsung Smart TVs have the Hulu app. You could also get a Roku to stream with. YouTube TV also carries Fox Regional Sports.

"or they allow a "plus" version of every package (AT200 has no RSN's while AT200+ does, just like the top 120 setup)"

Sounds like good idea to me. Not everybody is into sports. Hope a deal on the RSNs comes pretty soon. Glad the ACC Network was activated.

Dish is really putting their foot down with these RSN's. It's been said before, but I do believe that they are trying to get the RSN's as add-ons. And I would be shocked at this point if they come back unless they are as add-ons, or they allow a "plus" version of every package (AT200 has no RSN's while AT200+ does, just like the top 120 setup)

That will never happen. The price point would likely be around $10-$12, nobody would pay for it and the RSN would likely loose money.

I think the RSN would rather NOT sell any of their programming to Dish and force those subscribers to switch if they want the programming bad enough.

Sports has never been a priority for Dish.

Then let’s say they do make it a la carte, your going to have customers subscribing only during baseball or for Hockey and Basketball season.

I know I’m my household come October through March Fox Sports is NEVER turned on.

That will never happen. The price point would likely be around $10-$12, nobody would pay for it and the RSN would likely loose money.

I think the RSN would rather NOT sell any of their programming to Dish and force those subscribers to switch if they want the programming bad enough.

Sports has never been a priority for Dish.

Then let’s say they do make it a la carte, your going to have customers subscribing only during baseball or for Hockey and Basketball season.

I know I’m my household come October through March Fox Sports is NEVER turned on.

They’re already approaching that in some areas. I have a $4 below the line charge for FSN’s now with Cox. I’m waiting for it to go up as Cox just renewed their contract for those RSN’s in the last couple of weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)